41.

Draco
______________

I paced in the waiting room torn between staying here to make sure Theo is okay or being with Orion to keep her out of danger from the psychopath she's alone with. I've never seen Theo so bad after one of his fathers attacks so for now I'm staying he needs me and I know Orion can handle herself, she'd probably hex me if I left Theo. I rubbed my palms into my eyes as they stung with unshed tears recalling the desperation on Theo's face as he stumbled through the doors, desperate to get to us desperate for us help him.

I should have done something sooner, should have known something was wrong. Theo never ignores anyone and he always shows when he's invited anywhere. Orion really is the blessing we both needed in our lives, she brought down my walls helped me fall in love when it seemed impossible. She'll be the one to help Theo, she won't give up until he is free from his father and she'll be by his side while he heals physically and emotionally.

My thoughts were interrupted by Theo's healer leaving the room Theo currently resided at the same time an Auror entered the waiting room asking for Theo's injury file. I slipped into the room while the healer was distracted swallowing the lump in my throat seeing Theo unconscious and deathly pale. I took the seat next to his bed pulling it as close as possible and holding my head in my hands, I don't know how much time passed before Orion and the healer entered the room.

She looked distraught as she looked to Theo, "He's in a magically induced coma to allow his body to recover, they won't know the extent of his tremors or vocal chords until he wakes up" she sobbed taking a seat on my lap and burying her face in my neck. "Harry took him away he's being charged with the use of an unforgivable, the torture of his son and illegal artefacts they'll find when they finish searching the house. I'm going there first thing in the morning to find out what they found and how long he's looking at being sentenced".

"Good I hope he fucking rots in their for the rest of his pitiful life" I seethed taking her hands in mine jumping when she hissed in pain, I tensed my jaw in anger at the swelling and bruising on her knuckles, "What did you do?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She smiled tongue-in-cheek "I may broken the old bastards nose, I was surrounded by Aurors though and he was threatening me and Theo. He deserved it".

I pinched the bridge of my nose and shook my head "You are so reckless you'll be the death of me you know that?". She palmed my face "I can't help it when it comes to the people I love Draco. I scared myself today.. I could have killed him. I would have killed him and not even second guessed myself" she gulped loudly bowing her head.

"That doesn't make you a bad person Orion you're fiercely protective it's an admirable trait it really is, it's one of the many things I love about you, and as for killing him I could do it as-well it's understandable he's a vile evil cunt and he deserves to die" I assured her kissing the tip of her nose and stroking the back of her head.

The door to the room slammed open Pansy, Daphne and Blaise with Sofia strapped to him rushed in concern etched on their features. "What happened?" Blaise hissed gripping the edge of Theo's bed. I relayed everything as Orion clung to Daphne and Pansy sobbing.

"That fucking bastard, oh Theo why didn't he tell us it was still so bad" Pansy cried and I shook my head "I should have known, I've been so busy with placement and worrying about my own life. I didn't stop to think he was acting out of character".

"Don't Draco, don't blame yourself it's nobody's fault. It won't be happening again because we're going to make sure that cunt never sees the light of day again" Orion said furrowing her brows at me.

We conjured small camp beds in the room none of us prepared to leave Theo on his own, Orion sat on the end of Theo's bed leant against the backboard with Sofia laid on her chest as she stroked soothing circles over her back and peppered little kisses to her forehead. It was a sight to behold I could watch her with Sofia for hours, a little light in the darkness of the current situation. I looked to Blaise and Daphne who watched Orion with Sofia fond smiles on their faces as they leaned on each other.