23.

Theo
_______________

I absentmindedly flipped the bracelet I'd received from Orion on Christmas morning, I've sat down to write her a hundred times but unable to write down what I want to say. I cursed under my breath as images of her constantly flip through the forefront of my mind, I miss her so much and not even just her body I just miss how close we were. If I have to have her as a friend rather than nothing then I'm okay with that. Well I'm not but I'd rather have her in my life than not at all.

I found it strange that I haven't heard anything from Draco, I tried not imagine them together without me. But a part of me knew it was true part of me felt like they were more compatible, more likely to get married and have little blonde babies. I feel like I played more of a best friend who fucked her good, I know she loves me and I love her but I can't help but believe it's just not in the right way. I think I knew from the beginning she would choose Draco so when she broke it off with the both of us that's what messed with my head thinking maybe I was wrong?

I checked my watch religiously Blaise's party has already started, I sighed straightening my shirt and apparating to his manor bottle of fire whiskey in hand. I found the group at the side of the room sitting at a table minus Orion, I looked around the room but she wasn't here. "Where is she?" I asked Pansy and Daphne knocking back the bottle downing a large quantity wincing as it burned my throat.

"I don't know she said she'd be here" Pansy shrugged her shoulders, Draco avoided meeting my eyes confirming my suspicions that they've probably been together. My jaw tensed as I tried to swallow the lump in my throat, I'm fine, it's fine I love her she deserves to be happy even if that's not with me. If it had been with the Draco before we met her I wouldn't be okay with it, he was a fucking nasty prick. There is no denying she has changed him for the better, I will probably be able to find someone else maybe not as epic as I felt with her but Draco. He has an impenetrable brick wall around his heart and Orion is the one who broke through that, how could I take that away from him.

Sometimes I hate being a fucking nice person.

Orion arrived in a flurry of gold sequins adorning her body wrapped around her perfect body tightly in the shape of a mini dress. She looked unearthly and I had to turn away from her as she sauntered over with that beautiful smile that melts every single organ in my body. "You're drunk?" Pansy laughed as Orion held her arms above her head swaying her hips with a bottle of some kind of flavoured vodka in one hand.

"It's New Year's Eve Pansy of course I'm drunk" she beamed faltering slightly when she looked over at me, I smiled tipping my bottle into my mouth. The decent sized room was packed with students and people I didn't know, I scanned the crowds looking for a decent pull for the night because if I can't have her tonight I certainly don't want to go home alone. I found Blaise talking to a group of girls so I made my way over throwing my arm over his shoulder insisting he introduce me.

By the time I was dancing with a dark haired girl Orion was sitting extremely close to Draco as they laughed and spoke animatedly. I tongued the inside of my cheek excusing myself and standing in front of them "Can I speak to you?" I asked Orion gesturing towards the terrace. She nodded and followed after me, I leaned onto the terrace railing and she came beside me.

"It's him isn't it?" I turned my head towards her and she closed her eyes turning away from me. "I'm fine Orion I'm a big boy I can handle it, I just want you to be happy and if that's with him and not me it's okay" I assured her taking her hands in mine "I don't want to lose you, I don't want it to be awkward between us I'd rather have you back as my friend like we were before where we can joke and laugh. I miss you" I whispered the last part.