Chapter 2 Part I: Night raid

"I didn't think that the Yeagers would arrive in the capital so soon, especially with the commotion in the outskirts of the empire." Mine said as Night raid approached their hideout.
"But at least we defeated them." Tatsumi turned to Susanoo who had Leone slung on his shoulder "Do you really think Leone nee-chan will be ok?" Najenda patted his shoulder before lighting a cigarette "It's just as she said, all Lubbock needs to do is to reattach her arm and her enhanced healing will fix the rest."
"Speak of the devil" Mine mentioned as a heavy breathing Lubbock approached the group "Chelsea isn't with you?" Tatsumi asked concerned, Lubbock studied the group for a moment before catching his breath "She went after the two Yeagers to finish them off."
"You let her go after Kurome alone?!!" Akame mentioned worriedly. "Don't worry Akame, Chelsea is skilled in her forte, she'll return. But we'll still send you and Tatsumi to back her up." Najenda said reaching for the door when Susanoo immediately held her back while Akame took a battle stance "There's someone inside." Susanoo mentioned quietly "I didn't notice before but Susanoo's right." Akame said unsheathing her blade as the others fell into battle stances.
"Oi, you coming inside or what?!" A masculine voice called out from inside the hideout. Startled the night raid members distanced themselves from the door, with a signal from Najenda, Lubbock drew his hands back, his threads pulling the door off it's hinges, Tatsumi and Akame dashing in afterwards. Getting to the living room, they met a silver haired man with a slim muscular build who wore a sleeveless black hoodie and black jeans with his right arm covered entirely in bandages while his left arm was covered from below the elbow to his knuckles. A large crimson and black claymore rested on the side of the chair on which he sat, a brow raised. "O....k, should've expected that reaction, but trust me I'm no enemy and I'm seriously in no state to fight so let's talk a little, 'kay?" The silver haired man said tilting his head to the side with a smile. Najenda walked in, sudden realization freezing her in place. "What are you doing here?" Najenda asked, an emotionless tone present.
"Well that hurt Najenda, no welcome back or it's nice to see you're alive and well." The man chuckled rising from the seat and walking forward.
"If you take another step I'll cut you down." Lubbock threatened as he adjusted his threads to surround the silver haired man.
"Threads huh? an imperial arms user right. I wonder how strong they are?" "Wanna find out?" Lubbock muttered his hands stretched out and crossed in front of him. "Yeah gladly." With blinding speed he swung his bandaged right arm at a thread having it cleanly cut off. "W-wha?" "What the hell are you doing?!!" Najenda asked confused and slightly concerned. "Indestructible huh? I see" he muttered turning to Najenda. "Don't worry it'll be back soo...see." He stated raising a fully regenerated arm which revealed an ash black hand with small reddish cracks while the one that had fallen off had turned to ashes.
"I'm actually here to help you guys out and have you to help me in.....oh." his expression changing to a somber one "and one of you should probably go check out the nearest town, it has to do with a redhead I believe is one of yours."
"Chelsea ?!! What of her?!! Tatsumi asked infuriated and concerned.
"You should go see for yourself." He replied somberly turning away from him
"Just who are you?" Akame asked tightening her grip on her blade
"Commander Hijiri of the empire" Najenda replied staring intently at him, a collective gasp seemed like a signal for the Night raid to resume their battle stances "I thought he died in battle and he was disabled in his right hand or so?" Tatsumi asked.

Opening his arms wide apart, Hijiri replied. "As you can see I am not dead...or disabled. I see I was basically used as the hero to fool the masses."
"That was the plan." Najenda stated. "Well it's a long story so you- he pointed at Tatsumi- Incursio wielder rush into the next town and check the market square, hurry!"
"Just do it Tatsumi." Najenda ordered.

"Alright boss." Tatsumi replied dashing out of the hideout, turning to Hijiri, Najenda asked "Care to explain what the hell you're doing here?"
"Straight to the point huh Najenda?" he chuckled "It's simple I'm not the man everyone thought I was. My people trusted the empire and sent me to represent them but I chose to keep some of my abilities -he gestured at his right arm- a secret because I never truly trusted those bastards. After one of my deployments, I found out that my people were killed off because they were 'traitors'...yeah that's the excuse they used."