Chapter 2 Part II

"Sir you can't go in there!! The general is busy!!" an imperial soldier yelled as he chased after the fast paced Arata.

Turning at his right, he met two large marble doors, knocking on them twice he entered. The members of the special imperial arms police force- The Yeagers- turned surprised at the interruption. "I am very sorry General Esdeath. This man requested a meeting with you and before I could stop him, he barged in here. I deeply apologise General Esdeath" the soldier said bowing.

Turning his slight gaping look from the soldier to Esdeath, Arata said "Pardon my intrusion, but I require an audience with the general urgently" giving a small nod of respect his gaze landed on Esdeath. Studying him, Esdeath's annoyance grew as the blue haired man who's blue jacket, jeans and black boots reflected a person who was of no great importance within the empire.

Walking towards him with a visible frown, she asked "And who might you be?" Ran studied the man with suspicions.
"I am Arata of the Supreme order" he stated noting the surprised expression of a blonde man who stood behind the general. Esdeath raised a brow giving a small smile as she hopped back, jagged spikes of ice shot from the ground towards Arata. A bright light flashed as the sound of the shattering of ice and thunder echoed around the silent room, the steam was cleared by a gust of wind revealing an annoyed Arata.
"So I believe you have confirmed my identity" Arata asked readjusting the long bag-like case on his shoulder. "Not quite" She replied with a smile "But if you are who you say you are , I would like to know why you are here?". Quietly observing the interaction, the rest of the Yeagers a distance from the two parties. WIth a sigh, Arata set his bag on the floor and turned to Esdeath "I enquired about the most powerful mobile unit in the empire and the Yeagers were the ones recommended" Esdeath's eyes twinkled in amusement as she studied him "So how may we be of service to you, Arata sama?"
Ignoring the taunt he sensed, Arata stated "I have objectives that I require the help of the Yeagers with. That is the main aim of the supreme order; to unite and battle Armageddon on the day it is unleashed and destroy it once and for all...or die trying".

The Yeagers exchanged anxious glances as an uncomfortable silence filled the room "Um..if I may ask" Wave said, his hand raised as he stepped foward "Who or what exactly is the supreme order and what is Armageddon?". Arata faced Esdeath and said "I will answer you questions but that will depend on your general agreeing to my offer of an alliance" "Personally, I would agree but I need the permission of his majesty first" Esdeath replied her cheek supported by her closed right hand as she leaned on it while on her throne.

"Very well then, as long you put in a good word when we meet with the emperor" Arata turned to Wave and stated "The supreme order are four special families who posses the potential power of world class danger beasts, within those families only one each is capable of utilising that power. And as for Armaggedon, it is a supreme class danger beast, much stronger than the world-class danger beasts and even the emperor's imperial arms. I cannot tell how much of that is true since I have not seen it but my predecessors were only powerful enough to seal it."

"World-class ?! supreme-class?!" Wave yelled surprised. "Yes more powerful than the commonly known ultra-class beast, though for the case of the world-class danger beasts, I doubt many still exists" Arata stated resting his chin on his right hand.

Commonly known he says. Wave thought with a deadpan.

"I had thought that the supreme order was a myth, but this is quite the shocking discovery" Ran stated, his expression slightly troubled, turning to Arata he asked "Does this have anything to do with the incident that occured on the outskirts of the empire?" with this Esdeath's attention returned fully to the conversation. "Yes that is what happens if members of the supreme order fight." Arata sighed wearily "Unfortunately the one I clashed with is opposed to the empire and there is a possiblity you will face him as an enemy. So I am also offering my assistance to handle him should such a situation take place" "Filthy criminals like that won't escape justice" Seryuu said through clenched jaws "While your anger is slightly justified I am as responsible for the catastrophe as he is, so do desist from hiding vengeance behind the name of justice, it is quite vexing." Arata stated, his tone cold.

"I'll arrange a meeting with the emperor and prime minister for you tomorrow " Esdeath said as she rose from her throne "You have my gratitude" Arata took up his bag and walked out of the room. Ran turned to Esdeath, his tone slightly nervous as he stated "If everything he said his true, this might just be a bigger problem for the empire than Night raid or the revolutionary army"

At the break of dawn, Arata moved out of his room to take a walk in the garden. The chirping birds and cool morning breeze were welcomed by Arata as his thoughts raced regarding the scheduled meeting with the emperor which was in a few hours-he couldn't have Hijiri storm into the palace to take both the emperor and prime minister's head and replenish himself on the palace's meat and wine then leave for the west until Armaggedon arrived-considering the kind of person he was, this was the most likely course of action but even if it was four days after the battle that he arrived in the capital, it seemed too peaceful.

Could it have already happened? It had been two days since Hijiri arrived in the province according to his informants. Could he still be planning something? Arata pondered. No...he would refer to that as troublesome and blow a hole in the side of the palace damning anyone who dared to obstruct him, that seemed more likely.

"Arata-sama"

But it could be that he is still recovering or he ran into another of the supreme order and he allied with them. Arata placed his hand at the base of his jaw and began to pace back and forth

"Arata-sama"

Facing one of the supreme order who lacks experience wouldn't be difficult but in terms of raw power we are equal and if the ally should obstruct me from protecting the emperor it would end up being quite problematic.

"Arata-sama." A firm hand clapsed on his shoulder stopping his pace and train of thought. Astonished he turned to the blue haired Yeager who nervously jerked back.

"Sama?" Arata asked with a brow raised and a small smile playing on his lips.

Rubbing the back of his head flustered, Wave replied "Sorry, I didn't know what to address you with."

"Arata-san is fine thank you." Arata stated with a small smile.

"I wanted to let you know breakfast is served so I came to let you know "Oh thank you, shall we?" Arata said with a smile gesturing to the main building. Wave studied Arata, he gave the air of a soldier, the type that fought together with his subordinates on the battle field instead of leading from behind the scenes and his form looked like he could use a claymore with ease and though he was supposedly a noble, the black t-shirt and shorts he wore made him feel more approachable. He felt similar to Wave, a soldier who's sole purpose was to defend the people. at the point Wave wasn't sure if he was accurate or his own ideals clouded his judgement.

"Right here" Wave said as they stopped in front of two large brown doors.

They stepped in to find the rest of the Yeagers already seated and waitng "I apologise for my tardiness general"

Arata said as he took the seat opposite Esdeath on the table "It's no problem Arata-sama" she replied as the Yeagers gave their thanks before beginning their breakfast.

"Thanks for the food" Arata said a few moments later suprising some of the Yeagers with his eating speed "We leave for the palace in ten minutes" Esdeath called as he reached for the door handles. "I will be ready in four General".