Chapter 11: Initium

"Boom♪," the shockwave blasted Leone back, her opponents voice drowned out by the sound of the explosion. Storm orb. A large whirlwind shot out from one of the blonde's orbs, Leone diving out of the way at the last moment, glancing back to note the crater created by the attack.

Isn't that firepower a bit too much?! "Who are you?!" Leone yelled as she resumed her stance.

He tilted his head at her question, "Could it be that you have some class? I do not see you as anything more than scum so I don't believe you deserve to know my name," Leone growled, "but I do not wish to be so inelegant as to begin a battle without doing so, hence I shall tell you." Raising his right arm in the air and hovering his left fingers over his mask, he struck a pose, "I am the one who shines brightest, Albus♪!"

Leone snorted, lunging, "Awesome name, Abus."

"Blow," Leone darted away as the ground ruptured, a deafening explosion rocking the wilderness. He twirled his index finger in a circle, an orb leaving the middle as one of the other five took its place. Glancing up from the floating orbs, he muttered, "It's surprising that I let myself get angered by the likes of you but what's worse is that I believed you would be civil enough to speak elegantly, but alas!" he looked up to find Leone before him.

"Got ya!"

Burn. Bright orange flames shot out of the orb, bathing Leone as her screams rang out. His forehead creased slightly as he walked over her charred form to the wreckage of the carriage. The guard whimpered as Albus approached, traces of calm returning as he gazed past him. Freeze! Leone's fist collided with the ice wall, cracks running through it as the shockwave blew the debris in the surroundings about, Albus's ponytail flying past his shoulder.

She looked up to notice him snatching an orb with his left and flick towards her, the ice shield instantly giving way. Leone stomped down hard, kicking up a large piece of the rocky ground as she braced herself. A sharp stinging sensation caused her to dart back, sparing a glance at her shoulder to spot her exposed bone, the surrounding flesh sizzling and popping. Grabbing a chunk of wood, she gritted her teeth and ripped out a part of her upper forearm, groaning as it began to regenerate.

"Regeneration? I wondered how you managed to remain standing after getting hit by the flame orb," he pointed at Leone with his right hand, five orbs hovering around his wrist and one hovering before his index finger while he stuffed his left in his pocket. "Do me a favor and die flamboyantly," the orb spun and spewed an immense fireball, Leone running past.

The orbs, they've all got different abilities huh! She slid and backflipped, narrowly avoiding an explosion. Acid, fire, explosions and that wind? "It's two left? That's good!" Move fast, faster than he can react! Leone's eyes widened as she lunged.

There! He spun around, using his hand to mimic a finger gun, an orb rotating before his finger. Dust clouds rose and parted as Leone raced through avoiding the fireball. Leaping once more, she paused behind him, throwing a jab which connected solidly with the ice shield instantly created. Twisting her waist, Leone spun and hopped, dropping to deliver a powerful axe kick, shattering the shield. Her ears twitched and she jumped back, a dark hole on the ground where she previously stood.

"Rot," she crouched, dashing forward as she circled him, her eyes darting from him to her surroundings, Storm. He read her movement and timed it, firing a powerful whirlwind from the orb, -eh? He barely registered as Leone was before him, her right fist shooting forward in a jab. The beast hand connected with an ice shield, shattering it as the force knocked Albus back several paces, a trail of dust following his path. "Tsk!" He clicked his tongue as two orbs switched places, a large plume of dirt rising in the air as he triggered another explosion. Huh? He leapt back, startled as a large rock crashed in the spot he stood.
That bitc- Another crashed narrowly missing as he dived aside. Leone stood on the edge of the ridge, two large rocks in her arms. "Here's Leone!!" she smirked wolfishly, throwing the rocks at him.