Chapter 14: Chaos

"N-nii-san?"

"Don't move too much, good work Tatsumi," Hijiri bumped his fist against Tatsumi's shoulder playfully.

Crouching beside Akame, he opened his palm over her foot, "This'll hurt," He pressed his red hot hand on her foot, closing the wounds, a stifled groan escaping Akame. Taking a good look at her face, Hijiri sighed and turned to Kanae's crumpled body, "Oi! How long are you gonna take in healing her?!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU BRAT!" "Kanae" yelled, glancing at the crystals that coated her wounds, "THE IDIOT IS STILL TOO SCARED TO GO ALL OUT."
"Take care of their injuries when you're done."
"HAH?"
"...please." "She" sighed, shifting away.

Hijiri turned to Haruma, a black segmented arc with small holes that flames poured out of, formed at Hijiri's back. Both of his arms became pure black, a thin rock-like covering the cause, several cracks ran up both of them, pulsing with a bright orange color. Burning his shirt and ripping it off, he dusted the ash from his chest and abs, the area just beneath his armpits covered in the same material as his arms, the covering spreading from his neck to his back. A faint reddish aura leaked out of Hijiri's right eye, the tips of his silver hair becoming blood red. Tapping his forehead, he muttered, "Is this all you can give me without consuming anything?" He sighed, holding Haruma's gaze with an impassive one, the act irritating the horned man.

A gust of wind moved past Akame and Tatsumi, Haruma's fist caught in Hijiri's palm, "You're much slower than before." Pulling him closer, Hijiri slammed his shoulder into Haruma's side, knocking him a few paces away.

Dashing at him, Haruma threw a rapid set of attacks; hooks, jabs, and punches all easily deflected by Hijiri.
Haruma's head bent sideways as a hook suddenly connected with his jaw, another landing on his right, the final one slamming into his nose and sending him tumbling, Haruma hopped up from the roll, Hijiri's knee smashing his nose, blood trailing after him as he tumbled back once more. "As I said, you four are the true monsters."

Haruma leapt forward, Hijiri sidestepping and slamming his elbow on his back. "C'mon, you can do better," he stared impassively, evading a swipe from Haruma. He turned, throwing a high kick at Hijiri, a high-speed jab to his face hitting him.

"Oi, gonna keep making those flashy moves again?" Haruma glared at him, raising his palm, the spikes instantly appearing, a thunderous bang and cloud of dust following right after.

"Never liked those toothpicks," Hijiri's brows twitched as he stepped out of the crater he had created. Tapping his toes on the ground, ash fell off his feet, his expression unchanging as he pointed at Haruma, "Let me try the move," the ground beneath him glowed orange. Leaping back, he narrowly escaped the eruption, Hijiri's voice behind, surprising him, "Got ya." His shin collided with Haruma's ribs, his bones cracking and his body flying like a ragdoll, dust and debris rising from the path of his crash.

"STAY STILL BRAT AND LET ME FIX THE MAIN WOUNDS," "Kanae" frowned, holding Akame's bloody cheeks firmly and covering her face with a crystal sheet. Tatsumi returned his gaze to Hijiri, his halberd gripped firmly, his thoughts racing. Is Hijiri nii-san winning?! His cross-slit pupils dilated when he caught glimpse of Haruma, "Wa-"

Hijiri punched Haruma's fist, interrupting his jab and hopping from side to side, throwing hook, jab and punch at Haruma's face, grabbing his arm and slamming his palm on his elbow, dislocating it and planting a front kick on his chest.

Boxing and the Hono style?!

"You were right Haruma, I neglected honing my skills but today's your lucky day," Hijiri held his clenched fists before his face, his right foot sliding back, "you'll see the revival of Hono Hijiri."