Chapter 15: Kill the Order

A bright blue light moved past the capital's walls, the ground erupting afterward leaving behind debris and columns of smoke. The hunched beast growled, fumes escaping from between its razor-sharp teeth. The muscles in its large humanoid body rippled, moving the trees that stood at a quarter of its height. Tilting its head, the four horns; one at the front, back and two sides, stood out along with the single golden eye in the middle of its head, the black diamond pupil focusing on the approaching figures.

Esdeath landed graciously on an ice pillar, holding onto her peaked cap as a strong wind blew her lengthy blue hair back. She stared at the danger beast, narrowing her eyes at its unique appearance while Arata hovered beside her.

It's larger than a colossal danger beast. "That creature, what is it?" the general spared him a glance.

"Unfortunately I have no clue but we need to put it down," he turned to Roland who hopped on the nearby rooftop.

"That much is obvious, Arata-sama," sighing, she sheathed her rapier, "It's battles like this that I have a hard time enjoying."

"Wow, to think such battles exist." Esdeath rolled her eyes at the simpering Arata.

"We'll push first, Arata-sama!" Roland leapt at the beast, his swing obstructed by its muscular forearm, the knight skidding to a stop. A barrage of ice projectiles rained on the beast, its hand instinctively raising to shield its eye, a small portion of the cluster stabbing its forearm. Roland's mallet whacked its leg, the blow toppled the beast and created a powerful shockwave that flattened the surrounding terrain.

The ground cracked open and closed around its trapped limbs, holding them in place. Esdeath made a diamond gesture with her hands and yelled, "Grauhorn!!" Three large pillars rose at the front and both sides of the beast's head, a spike from the center of each rotating and extending at a blinding speed to impale the creature.

"Is it over now?" Looking from the danger beast to Esdeath, he sighed, "Yes I believe."

"That was an embarrassing thing to do, General, shouting the name of your ability I mean," Arata smirked at the general who rolled her eyes lightheartedly, her cheeks a faint red.

An intense light and deafening roar startled the blue-haired duo, the general throwing her hands up almost immediately, large walls of ice appearing before the capital's walls. An earthen column slammed into the beast's jaw, tilting the head up, the destructive heat wave destroying the top portion of the frost walls, barely missing the first city.

The screams threatened to drown out Arata's thoughts, the brief silence vanishing as the light passed over the city. Shit, I was careless! Arata tightened his hold on his weapon's handle, gritting his teeth as he watched a few buildings collapse because of the aftershock. "General," she turned to him, louring, "I need you to keep the monster in place while Roland will assist you and guard the surroundings when I unleash my attack."

Her surprise was brief as she scanned the beast, noting its absence of injuries from her earlier attack. "It seems to be regenerating," Arata spoke her mind, solemnly.

"I do hope your attack eradicates this nuisance once and for all," she leapt off her frost column, charging at the danger beast.

...Hey...
I WARNED YOU BEFORE, DIDN'T I?
That you did, but I wish to use the right amount of power so as to prevent it from re-emerging.
VERY WELL, BUT THAT IS ONLY BECAUSE I SENSED SOMETHING FROM THAT ABOMINATION.
And that is?
THAT THING WAS MODIFIED BY HUMANS. SO TAKE ALL THE POWER YOU NEED, BUT BE PREPARED TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.
We have already gone this far so we might as well go all the way. Besides, I am already part dragon, so I need not fear the drawback of your power. Arata tilted his head, managing a small smile.
WE SHALL SEE.