𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧; 𝐠

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄

it was just a nice peaceful trip to target but of course, just my luck, i had to run into him and his shitty new girlfriend. i just don't get how he could leave a girl like me for a skank like her who's fucking around with other guys as we speak. mood ruined.

i walked into my apartment, threw my bags on the island and went upstairs. i threw myself onto my bed and groaned into my pillow.

"you know grayson? i hope you figure out she's cheating on you and go through the same pain you put me through for her bitchass."

i pushed myself up and went over to my desk. i pulled out a piece of paper and went into a drawer to grab sketch pencils when i saw my poetry notebook sitting a couple months untouched under the pencils.

immediately words started flowing to my head and i grabbed my notebook. i flipped to the next empty page in the notebook, put the date on it, and titled it "i hope". as soon as my bright blue pencil hit the paper, all of the words just flowed right out.

6/17/19       I Hope

i hope you're both feeling sparks by the end of the drive
i hope you know she's the one by the end of the night
i hope you never, ever felt more free, tell your friends that you're so happy
i hope she comes along and wrecks every one of your plans
i hope you spend your last dime to put a rock on her hand
i hope she's wilder than your wildest dreams, she's everything you're ever gonna need
and then i hope she cheats, like you did on me

i sighed and put my pencil down staring out the window in front of my desk as my words played on repeat in my head. a mascara filled tear danced its way down my cheek and drips onto the black desk. i wiped the tears as i looked down at my words again.

"like you did on me."

*i hope by gabby barrett ft. charlie puth*

a/n: wow she knows how to write. that's new. anyways short one for you because i DONT know how to write. give me more song suggestions in the comments please!!!