𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐠

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄

it's 1 am and you're laying in bed watching a random show you clicked on as nothing else was on tv. your phone buzzes beside you pulling you back to reality. you pick it up to see a text from your best friend of 15 years, grayson.

gray:
hey y/n, can i come over?

you:
yea idc. everything okay?

gray:
i mean i guess.

you:
what's wrong? you know you can tell me anything.

gray:
well ever since ethan and kristina started dating, he's been spending all his time with her. she's currently over and they're being loud in the living room.

you:
well do you blame him? she lives in austrailia and only comes to america for a few weeks at a time. but hey it's okay. you have me. come over and we can do what ever you want:)

gray:
omw.

you:
door's unlocked.

you slip on one of grayson's shirts that he left at your house a few weeks ago then walk downstairs and unlock the door. you sit on the couch and turn the tv on, drowning it out by playing a game on your phone until the door opens. grayson walks in wearing a black hoodie and grey sweats but to you, he's still cute as shit. he makes it hard for you to hide your feelings from him.

he sits down next to you on the couch and lays his arm around you as you cuddle into his chest. a commercial for ihop comes on and your stomach growls at the sight of syrup being poured on pancakes causing grayson to look down at you.

"i want pancakes now" you say as you frown. grayson gets off the couch and goes to the kitchen.

"what are you doing?" you question as you follow him.

"making you pancakes obviously" he opens the pantry to grab the pancake mix. 3 years of him coming over since you moved in to this place really comes in handy for him.

"you dont have to do that." you push yourself onto the island counter watching him remove his hoodie.

"anything to keep you happy" he smiles as he sets his hoodie next to you and turns back around.

you grab your phone and connect to the alexa you had in the kitchen and started playing your 'late night vibes' playlist. you laugh to yourself as grayson starts dancing to the music.

"i'd catch a grenade for you yeah, yeah" grayson sings into the whisk as a drop of pancake batter makes it's way to the floor.

"s-stop you'r-re making a m-mess" you push out between laughs.

grayson looks at you with a smile on his face then turns back to the pancakes as he continues with his horrible singing.

that's when you knew. he's the one