𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞; 𝐠

𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄

you stood outside of the delivery room, next to grayson, hearing kristina's cries of pain and ethan's occasional you're doing great's and it's okay's. you turned to him and grabbed his hand when you saw him tearing up.

"what's wrong gray?" you wiped a fallen tear off his cheek as you lifted his head to look at you.

"i dont know. i guess just the thought of ethan having a child with the love of his life finally hit me. i'm not gonna have my best friend anymore." more tears fell from his cheeks as his lip began to quiver.

"hey. don't tell yourself that. ethan is your best friend and has been since you guys were born. twenty three years grayson. he's not going to just leave you like that. plus, if he ever does, you'll always have me." you smiled at him noticing his tears have stopped falling. he pulled you into a hug and rested his face in the crook of your neck.

"thanks y/n. you know, you've always given me the best pep talks." he pulled away and smiled down at you.

"well that's what girlfriends are for." you reached up and gave him a quick peck on his lips.

you heard the door open and turned your head to see ethan poking his head out.

"come meet your new nephew." you smiled at grayson and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before you guys walked into the room.

"hey guys" kristina smiled at you as you walked in. "meet xavier" she handed the baby you.

after a little bit, you handed xavier to grayson. he stared down at xavier and you could see tears make their way back to grayson's eyes. eventually he handed him back and visited with them for a little bit.

"so grayson, y/n. we have exciting news." ethan said with enthusiasm as he looked at us. "me and kristina are buying a house together!!" i looked at grayson and saw the tears brimming his eyes as he bit his lip to keep it from quivering.

"wow! that's great news guys!! it's getting kind of late so i think we're gonna head out and give you guys some time." you told the happy couple who replied with the usual bye's and smiles.

you guys only made it a few feet down the hall before grayson stopped you and pulled you into a hug. he cried into your shoulder and you rubbed his back, knowing this was his breaking point.

"i lost him y/n. he's gone"