𝐭𝐰𝐨; 𝐞

this chapter is about anger issues. i am in no way trying to make grayson look like a great guy while ethan looks like a bad guy. there will be chapters in the future where grayson has problems too.

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒

you walked down the hall and stopped in front of the door to your apartment. you unlocked the door and walked in to see ethan on the couch watching tv.

"hey baby" he said as he smiled at you.

"hey" you shakily let out as you sat on the couch next to him.

"how was work?" he put his hand on your thigh.

"i- um a-about that" you paused and took one last breath. here goes nothing. "i- i got fired"

"what?" he looked at your face as if he was trying to read if you were serious. as soon as he realized you were serious, he stood up. "you got fired?!"

you stood up and placed your hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down. "baby please sit down"

he pushed your hand off his shoulder and stared at you. "do not 'baby' me right now y/n. how the hell did you get fired?!"

"i wasn't paying attention and bumped into someone while holding a tray full of food." you looked down at your hands knowing he was about to call you names. you kind of got use to it after two years.

"oh my god you're such an idiot. how hard is it to pay attention to where you're going in a fucking restaurant? do you need glasses or something?" he stopped talking for a moment and started pacing while rubbing his hands over his face. this is where it gets bad.

"HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO STAY HERE Y/N?! WE CANT LIVE OFF OF WHAT MY PARENTS GIVE US AND IM NOT GOING TO ASK FOR MORE JUST BECAUSE YOUR DUMBASS DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FUCKING SEE!!" he threw his phone which hit the hard floor and shattered right there. that's the third phone he's had in five months.

"ethan i promise you i will find another job. that's what i was going to do as soon as i got home." you replied in a calm voice. you've learned not to yell back when he's angry.

"promise?" he asked calming down. something that comes with his anger issues is quick mood swings when he's mad. he tends to calm down at the most random times.

"promise" you smiled as you walked over to hug him.

he hugged back then left to get the broom for his phone. you sighed in relief that it wasn't too bad this time.