𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐞 (𝐩𝐭.2)

𝐁𝐅𝐁

i hum along to the music playing on the radio, watching the view fly past us, wondering where ethan could be taking me right now. he turns onto a familiar dirt road and a smile grows onto my face. he pulls up to the ticket booth, purchasing our tickets then pulls into the tailgating parking lot.

i hurry out of the truck as i stare at the race track in front of me. not sure how he knew i enjoyed races but i do.

"how did you know?" i question turning around to see him setting up the bed of his truck with a blanket, pillows, and a cooler.

"you and lily talk very loudly when i'm trying to sleep." he laughs as he helps me up on the truck.

i blush at the thought of what else he could've possibly heard.

"see that's what i like about you. you prefer to be more adventurous rather than just a movie or something." he begins pulling a lot of my favorite snacks out of the cooler and his bag.

"if a guy were to ever take me to the movies on a first date i would simply walk home." i pretend to gag as i pick up a bag of pretzels.

"what is it about movies or dinner on the first date with you?" he questions me as he grabs the box of cheez-its.

"well first of all, i'd like to do something where we could actually talk and get to know each other. movies are fine for dates but that's just like a casual friday night date, not the first time a guy is taking me out. i'd rather get to know the guy than mingle our hands in the popcorn bucket at the same time and hear each other munch on popcorn for three hours." i dip a pretzel in the hummus he brought and pop it into my mouth.

"i'd also rather not be trying to make a first impression while stuffing my mouth with chicken alfredo. snacks like this are fine especially since i already know you but i don't need to talk to a guy while he has spaghetti sauce on the corner of his mouth and pretend i don't notice when it's the only thing i can focus on." i eat another pretzels as ethan let's out a laugh.

"you know, you make some valid statements." he says as he turns his attention from me to the race.

"yea i tend to do that a lot." i watch the races as well as i snack on the pretzels in front of me.

~

*after races*

we left after a couple hours because ethan said he had somewhere else to take me. we were currently back in the truck heading back towards town. he pulls up to the bowling alley and i smirk knowing i'm about to beat his ass.

"oh get ready to be beat." i say hopping out of the truck.

"a girl can dream" he places his hand on my lower back and guides me in the door.

we get our shoes and head to the lane the guy puts us on. i enter our names as ethan picks out our bowling balls. just for fun i enter his as "etee", short for you know what. he comes back and places the bowling balls on the rack then looks up at the screen.

"oh you asshole." he sighs and picks up his ball because he's first.

he takes his first turn, knocking down 6 pins. that's not bad. it's also not good, but he looks too proud of himself for me to shoot him down. he takes his second turn and knocks down 2 getting a total of 8.

he turns back around with a proud smile on his face and i smile back because he's just too cute for me to bash. i pick up my ball, lining myself up with the dots on the lane. i walk up, rolling my ball down. it curves a bit and hits the center pin on the side, knocking all 10 pins down. (take notes guy it works i promise)

i turn around as i throw my hands up in success. ethan jokingly rolls his eyes at me as he gets up to take his turn.

"game on."

~

end of the first game and i beat ethan hardcore, 127 to 83. he looks at me as i smile after my last turn and sighs.

"we're playing one more game. this one will be my game." he says seriously causing me to laugh at his competitiveness.

he starts a new game and grabs his ball to take his turn. he uses my tactic, lining himself up then rolling the ball slightly to the side of the middle. he hits all 10 pins down and turns around with a smirk on his face. i stand up to take my turn.

"you learned. guess i'll have to play harder."

~

ethan hangs his head in defeat as we walk out to the car, my head held high. 134 to 116.

"my dreams become a reality" i finish his quote from earlier as he laughs and starts the truck.

we start heading back home as we're both exhausted and are ready to take a 4 day nap.

we arrive at home and i immediately go up to his room and change into the sweats i had on the night before. he walks in and stares at me and i blush from his intimidating stare.

"i don't know how you do it but you manage to look better in my sweats than me." he sighs as he changes into sweats as well.

i laugh and exit the room so he can change. i go downstairs and sit on the couch waiting for him when the doorbell rings.

just as i was about to get up to answer it, i hear "i got it!" coming from the stairs as he pounced his way down.

he answers the door and soon comes into the living room with pizza boxes. my eyes light up as i haven't had an actual meal since breakfast. i go into the kitchen where he has the pizza boxes placed and he opens it up, revealing the glorious pineapple pizza hidden inside.

"he kind of thinks about things!" i said sarcastically as he got my favorite. (real ones know ofc)

"ha ha. now, let's make a fort and watch disney movies until 4 am!" he yells happily running into the living room. i laugh at his childish actions realizing how alike we are. and that's when i know,

my best friend's brother is the one for me.

a/n: it's really short cause im just a professional writer like that.
but your wish is my command kindafreshkindafunky