𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐞

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐒

(𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝗼𝐰 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝗼 𝐝𝗼 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝗺𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐥𝗼𝐝𝐞𝗼𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝗺 #𝐮𝐧𝗼𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥)

𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
i ran my hands down the front of my shirt to get any smaller wrinkles out, but also to wipe the sweat that has formed on my hands. why am i so nervous? right, because i'm going to have christmas dinner with the girl i've been in love with for the past four years. got it. let me give you a backstory.
~
summer. no not the season, the name that belongs to the daughter of my moms best friend. we've known each other since we were born. our families are together a lot. every holiday, every birthday, every summer day. we use to be close when we were kids but out of nowhere, she distanced herself from me. now she doesn't talk to me and when she does, it's some snarky comment to piss me off. now don't ask why i'm madly in love with this girl because i don't know why. i just realized my feelings for her a couple years ago and they've been getting stronger everytime i see her. she hates me but i love her.
~
i let out a large breath as i glanced at myself in the mirror one last time. satisfied with my outfit and how i looked, i grabbed the last of my things and met with my family downstairs. we collectively left the house and headed to the jansen household.

we arrived and i looked at the house beginning to overthink everything. why are you doing this ethan? you literally saw her two days ago. get over yourself.

with that i confidentially walked up to the door with the rest of my family. katie, summers mom, was quick to open the door before my mom could even knock.

"welcome you guys!! oh lisa you look absolutely stunning!" katie's voice was filled with excitement as she welcomed us one by one.

"sean, looking fantastic as always. hey grayson. love the outfit. ethan, looking very handsome today." she pulled us all in the door and was quick to lead my mom to the kitchen so they could get a head start on their 'wine tasting'.

me and grayson went to the living room and flipped on the couch while our dad mingled with summers father, jim. i fiddled with a button on my shirt when i heard the stairs creak.

i looked up to see summer descending from the top wearing a beautiful forest green dress. it was above the knee and hugged her curved perfectly. she was sculpted by the gods and the dress showcased all of her amazing features. she looked absolutely stunning.

she walked past us as she rolled her eyes and groaned. i couldn't tell if it was because of me or because she hates wearing dresses and this is probably only the third time i've seen her wear a dress. she went to the kitchen and mingled with our moms until they announced that dinner was ready.

we all gathered around the table that was filled with delicious looking food. i sat next to summer, as it was the only spot left, and watched as she rolled her eyes again. ouch.

we all started reaching for different things as smaller conversations began to form. me and summer were quietly eating in awkward silence while everyone else talked. i looked over at her poking her food.