𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝗼𝐧𝐞; 𝐠

𝐃𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑

i stared out the window of my uber as i made my way to the doctors office. i figured with the pain i've been having in my chest recently, it wouldn't be smart to drive. i squinted my eyes as i began to feel the pain coming back. i balled my hand into a fist and tightened my grip in order to distract me from the pain. it doesn't work but i like to pretend it does.

just as the pain slowly melted away, i opened my eyes to see the hospital appear. the car parked and i got out, thanking the driver then making my way to the entrance. i checked in at the desk then took a seat, waiting for my name to be called.

"y/n?" i stood up as i heard a female voice call my name. i followed her back to a room and took a seat next to the desk.

she did the usual nurse stuff and filled out a piece of paper then left after letting me know the doctor would be in in a couple of minutes. i glanced around the room, taking in how blank and empty it looked. hospital rooms always made me feel so sad because of how empty they are.

a knock sounded on the door and in walked a man who looked to be about my age. and my lord can i tell you he is probably one of the finest men i have ever seen.

"hey y/n. i'm doctor dolan." he stuck his hand out for me to shake which i gladly accepted. he took a seat at the desk and began typing things into the computer.

"now why would a beautiful girl like you be spending her friday afternoon in the hospital?" i blushed at his comment as i fiddled with my fingers.

"i, uhm, i've been having really bad chest pain recently. i'm not sure if it's my heart or my lungs, all i know is it hurts a hell of a lot and i'm over it." i let out a small laugh as i looked at the ground.

"well it could be multiple things. it could be angina, which is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart. it could be coronary artery disease, a disease in the hearts blood vessels. or it could just be high blood pressure, which is when the force of the blood against the artery walls is too high. it depends on what's going on with your blood and also depends on previous issues."

"have you possibly had any blood clots recently?" he looked down at his paper then back up at me.

"uh yea. about a month ago, i caught a really bad string of the flu and was on bed rest for two weeks which resulted in blood clots from not moving much." my leg involuntarily began to bounce as i grew nervous from how serious this could be.

"did you get a surgery to have them removed?" he asked after he finished writing down my last statement.

i nodded my head as my fingers fiddled with the hair tie around my wrist. "so even though you had them removed, there could be a chance that there's still one or more in your body or they could've come back, seeing as that's what blood clots like to do. we're gonna do an angiogram to get a look into your heart and blood vessels to check."

he stood up and i followed, trailing behind him as we walked to one of the exam rooms. he had me change into a hospital gown then lay on the exam bed.

after the exam, he lead me back to the room then went to receive the pictures. he came back and set the pictures down on his desk.

"so unfortunately as you can see here, there is still a blood clot that has connected to your heart. it's blocking oxygen and blood from your heart resulting in angina. but we caught it at an early time so there's no need for any major surgeries, just a minor one." i let out a sigh of relief.