Epsiode 7: The Aftermath Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

APOLOGIES FOR THIS INTERRUPTION

Your usual programming is not available following Shiro Shinobi's injuries following the attack on the Pro-bending Arena. Today's broadcast will be replaced by live coverage of Councilman Tarrlok's speech at City Hall:

"Although the Hundred Year War has long passed, we are not living in a time of peace. These revolutionaries who call themselves 'Equalists' are not interested in equality at all. They just want to wage war against benders. Chief Beifong was supposed to protect Republic City, but she was powerless to stop Amon's attack on the arena. She has failed us all. If we are to survive these dire times, our law enforcement needs new leadership."

Korra's eyes flickered around the chaos that still engulfed the arena. From the construction workers going to town on the shattered ceilings and the police officers collecting evidence and protecting the perimeter, Korra felt a chill creep up her spine at the fact that this will be Republic City's future as long as Amon is around. Shaking her head, she slid slowly off of Naga, giving her friend a nice warm hug as she ducked under some bright yellow tape and made her way up into Mako and Bolin's apartment in order to help them with the arena's closure.

"I still can't believe they're shutting this place down." Mako pulled back sharply on the roll of tape he had in his hand, tossing it aside in order to move one of the many boxes they had left to pack into an easy-to-move position.

"Yeah. We had some good memories here, didn't we?" Bolin sighed, his eyes glazing as he stared off into space and grew a faint smile as he noticed a prickly rose bush outside of the window to his right. Ah, he had pushed Mako into that very bush many a time, and it was always the funniest moment of the day.

Bursting through the door of the apartment, Korra tightened the band of her ponytail that had come loose from how rushed she was to leave that morning. "Guys! Great news! You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me!" She had closed the door hastily behind herself, and her words became raspy towards the end of her sentence as she lost her breath.

"Oh, we'd love to, but-"

"Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion! From here on out, it's gonna be the life of luxury for us!" Boling giggled, dropping a stack of boxes to the floor. Mako gave Bolin a pointed look for interrupting him and sighed, his eyes catching on Korra's momentarily downcast face.

A door from behind Korra opened and closed, the distant sound letting Korra know that it came from inside the apartment, and that made her face fall just a teeny bit more. "Oh hey, Korra. I was hoping you would stop by. I was-"

"I was just leaving," Korra said shortly, Asami recoiling a bit before carefully making her way down the ladder that was attached to the loft she was cleaning. Pabu softly jumped out of her hands once Asamoi's boots clicked onto the ground, and the brothers glanced at each other as Korra waved at them furiously. "So, I guess I'll see you guys around... sometime."

"Why not tomorrow? Since Bolin and Mako are already gonna be there, why not come visit the estate with them?" Asami offered, moving to stand next to and lean on Mako.