Episode 1: A Breath of Fresh Air Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

The world has entered a new age! Harmonic Convergence created an energy shift, the likes of which have never been felt before. And months after the event, Republic City still continues to recover from the unsurmountable damages and the vines sprouting from Yue Bay that even researchers can't explain. But for those who managed to get away, life was good, and Asami and Bolin enjoyed a relaxing vacation traveling the Earth Nation and meeting new friends on their journey. Meanwhile, as Mako worked to restore his childhood home, Korra and Lemaya spent the months just enjoying each other's company. Yet, nothing seems to last forever and the calm was broken by a nightmare storm. And as Korra continues to struggle with raising her Avatar Spirits, who knows what other changes are in store for our city?

The metal bars around Zaheer shook with force. In the months he had been there, he could no longer tell what was him and what was the outside world. Lost in his thoughts, mulling over all that he needed to do, all that should have been done, kept him from dwelling on his circumstance.

And maybe that was for the best.

"You look like you've seen some things."

One pair of green eyes faded from another as Zaheer furrowed his brows. Was this...a memory?

Zaheer was taken aback by his own voice, the sound just as unfamiliar to him as the woman standing before him. "Who are you?"

"Not a friend. I think you've had enough of that." Zaheer's mind prickled at the thought. It was true, he'd spent all his waking moments fortifying his mind, thinking of how to get to his friends and make things right. But how would she know that?

Surely that meant she wasn't real.

The woman slowly slipped to the floor, crossing her legs as she gestured for Zaheer to follow her movements. "You know, Zaheer, I wonder what your next move will be."

"I have no next move."

The woman smiled, but not like Zaheer would have imagined. She looked happy, glad, almost to hear that, rather than knowing just how easily he had slipped her a lie.

"That's good, Zaheer. Too often plans go awry once they are spoken into existence too early to those who are untrustworthy." The woman paused for a moment before reaching behind her. She pulled out a folded piece of paper, thumbing over its crisp edges. "But you know that better than I do."

"What makes you say that?" Zaheer finally set himself down on the ground, following her earlier request. With each passing second, it became clearer and clearer that she wasn't a figment of his mind. It was as if in this moment, their minds were connected, linked, and he could see all of her thoughts spread out before him.

But that raised a whole new set of wonders as something was blocking him from seeing too far.

Why was she here?

"Because I kow you, Zaheer."

Zaheer's jaw tightened. "You know nothing about me."

That was a lie. If she was able to see like he did, she would know all of his thoughts. He wondered for a brief moment if this proved she wasn't real. Doing the impossible and contacting him through some unknown connection, but he'd been running over every bit of history he remembered while in his cell, and time and time again he remembered people doing the impossible.