Episode 12: Enter the Void Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

The new Air Nation is in jeopardy! In an effort to force Korra to surrender herself, Zaheer ambushed the Northern Air Temple. Tenzin, Kya, and Opal attempted to hold off the Red Lotus, but were injured in battle. The airbenders were unable to escape and everyone was taken captive except Kai. Now Korra and Team Avatar race to the temple hoping to mount a rescue.

"Okay, Auntie Su. Too tight."

Suyin pulled back with a grim expression on her face. The rhythmic pounding of soldiers' feet thudded through her ears, but her focus was entirely on Zai. "Please be safe. We just got you back."

"Me? Be safe? You're the one going to fight an Avatar-level threat to save Opal," Zai snorted. "Besides, someone has got to help Zhu Li get Raiko to actually do some good for once."

"That we can agree on." Suyin hugged her once more before letting Lemaya say her goodbye.

Waving Su off as she joined Lin on the ship, Zai wrinkled her nose at her cousin. "Don't do anything stupid."

"Says you," Lemaya smiled.

Bolin came by next and Zai couldn't fight the heart strings that the pout of his eyes pulled in her chest. "You're really going to leave me with only Mako's firebending?"

"Hey," Mako grumbled. "I heard that." Bolin sighed and wiped an imaginary tear from his eye.

"I don't think we're gonna survive this."

Shaking her head with a laugh, Zai patted Bolin's shoulder comfortingly. "Your brother's one of the better firebenders I've ever met, and I've met some good ones. You're going to be just fine." She gave Mako a curt nod. He smiled generously at her and waved goodbye, a gesture she was quite happy to return.

"If you insist," he sighed wistfully. As he gestured Asami over, Bolin turned to Zai with a serious look on his face, nodding to both her and Zhu Li who was standing off to the side with his grandmother as he said, "You both take care of my family, alright? Help them find somewhere safe to stay until we get back and they're able to go back home."

"Zhu Li is already working on it," Zai grinned.

"Good. See you soon." Bolin smiled in return as he headed after his brother. 

"Maybe I'll finally see you in Republic City?" Asami teased lightly. She couldn't quite help the breathless grin that had crawled up on her face as Zai held her eyes with a long glance.

"Maybe you will."

It was not the most satisfying answer to Asami, but she let the slight annoyance overtaking her subside. She would rather not end things on a bad note. "Have a nice trip to Republic City."

"Hmm," Zai murmured against Asami's lips as she kissed her once more. Holding Asami's eyes intensely in her own, she added, "Without you, I doubt it will be."

As she turned to join Mako and Bolin, Asami's fingers unconsciously folded into her jacket pocket. Rubbing her fingers together, her brows furrowed as she pulled out the photograph that she had forgotten she kept on her. Asami turned on her heels and made a beeline straight for Zhu Li.