Episode 6: The Sting Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

Someone has attacked the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center! All the evidence points to Northern sympathizers, but Mako suspects there's more to this case, even after his tragic breakup with the Avatar and her scuffle with her friend. Meanwhile, Varrick has cast Bolin as the hero of his newest mover, and Asami has ventured into new waters to save her company. But unbeknownst to her, a shipment of her mecha tanks sails to the South to aid in the war against Unalaq. The theme of the day is: whodunit?

Bright red flooded the deck of a containment ship as its captain blindly stumbled into the steering cabin. The captain ducked quickly as another flash of red flew onto the wall behind him, its rhythmic blinks hastening into a shrieking alert. The captain's eyes went wide as he dived out of the steering cabin just as all of the bright reds exploded into white and sizzled away into the night.

"We're under attack!" the captain shouted as he sprinted through the ship's hallways to find his crew to avoid the blast of the surprise bombs. Along the sides of the ship, water swelled against the sleek metal and doused the deck, four waterbenders riding in on the pummeling waves. They all spread the water down every nook and cranny of the ship, looking for remaining crewmembers and most importantly the tightly stacked inventory in its cargo hold.

The captain and his crew slipped quietly off the back of the ship, their rows simple and hurried on their lifeboat as they looked into an open window below deck. They watched as the attackers pried open a few of the boxes, revealing both fully constructed mecha tanks and their many disassembled parts. The crewmates all grumbled to themselves as they floated farther and farther from the ship. "We just lost an undisclosed shipment to unknown assailants," one of the crewmembers whispered, "whoever employed us, are they going to be mad?"

The captain grumbled, "Well they certainly won't be happy, that's for sure."

"Who should we be reporting a stolen ship to? The employer?"

"Nah, I wouldn't know how to get in touch with them anyway. This ship wasn't theirs, I don't think, anyway. We gotta talk to Varrick. See that logo?" The captain pointed to a giant design on the ship's side. "That's seemingly who the employer took the ship from. We go to him and hope that he doesn't call the cops."

--------------

"It's awfully drab here, isn't it, Desna," Eska yawned as she overlooked the garish wall her father built up around the Spirit Portal.

Desna rolled his eyes at the steep watchtowers perched on the four points of the circle fortification. "Quite right, Eska," he replied.

"Where is he?" Eska asked, surveying the stretch of land before the Spirit Portal.

"Father said he would meet us at this location. He'll be here," Desna answered. After a few moments of silence between the siblings as they blankly stared ahead of themselves, Unalaq stepped out of the portal shining behind them and placed a sturdy hand on each of his children's shoulders.

"Hello, children."

Desna quirked his head to the side and spared Unalaq a brief glance. "Were you just in the Spirit World, Father?"