Epsiode 3: The Revelation Part 2

The rattle of heavy metal cars over boiled rails bounced around the walls of the hollow area underneath an arched bridge. Mako and Korra stared down at a bunch of scattered leaflets on the floor below them, the crisp cream of a map of Republic City straining their eyes as they looked up for a moment.

"Why didn't the Equalists put a location on these?" Korra asked, puzzled as she rubbed her temples vigorously from using her brain so much in such a short amount of time.

She turned the leaflet every which way, Mako throwing his head back in annoyance. "Probably because they don't want just anyone waltzing in on their big "Revelation," whatever that is," he mocked with a grumble. Korra let out a strained chuckle at his comment and threw down the leaflet, running her hands roughly through her hair, her muscles tensing at the movements. Grabbing his chine, he pensively said, "I bet the information is hidden on here somehow. Look at the backs. There's four different images." He bent over and flipped some leaflets, showing off the various images while holding his scarf back as it kept swaying off of his neck and in front of him.

"Sooo...it's a puzzle?" Korra broke out an adorable little half-smile that Mako perked up at once he saw it. Korra loved puzzles, for whatever reason, and she relaxed a bit knowing that this was something that she could reasonably figure out. Theoretically, anyway. She's not really that known for being good at the puzzles she loves.

"Yeah, of a map!" He rushed back to his feet, leaflets in hand as he walked over to the map near Korra's head. He moved the different images over the map, one leaflet with a dim red marking on it's back lining up perfectly with a building on the Republic City map. "Bingo! That must be the meeting place where it's going down." He flicked the red spot on the leaflet, and then the matching building on the map, turning to his left to match Korra's content smile at his work.

"I would have said exactly that if you hadn't stolen my thunder," she explained nonchalantly as she gave Mako a few pats on his back. She began walking out from under the bridge, placing her thumb and index fingers in her mouth before calling for Naga.

"Mhm, yeah. I'm so sure that you would have done that." Mako rolled his eyes and pulled himself onto Naga, settling in his seat behind Korra who leaned over to give Naga a rub while shaking her head.

"Thanks for the confidence, Mako."

A dense fog clouded their vision as they stared at what the map said was a factory site. The dark night didn't help as they eyed the last few groups of people filing into the building from the shadows of another building across the street.

"This is the place," Mako whispered. He titled his head, sliding on a rounded hat that matched the grey coat he had slipped on earlier. He popped his collar, watching as Korra tightened her hat and matching grey coat before tugging off his scarf and wrapping it around the entirety of Korra's face. "Your ponytail was showing."

"And that warranted you trying to suffocate me with your- really nice smelling scarf. Ah, Mako is there some nice-smelling friend of yours that I have not met yet?" Korra cheekily grinned as she pulled the scarf down and adjusted it. Admittedly, she was going to be slightly upset for some reason if he said yes, but she was ready to embarrass the spirits out of him. He groaned as he pulled Korra out into the street letting go of her as they got in the line of sight of the building's doorman.

"No. There isn't. Can you please focus?"

"Okay, fine," Korra hummed, grabbing hold of Mako's arm in the process.

"What are you doing?" Mako asked as his nose twitched from some sudden burning.

In a hushed voice, Korra said, "We'll attract less attention this way." They stepped up to the factory, flashing fake smiles despite the doorman's stern glare.