Episode 2: Rebirth Part 2

"So you get sneak-attacked by some guys at a launch party and your first thought is 'Let's go on a trip together?'" Kya crossed her arms, watching the bags Korra and Lemaya had strapped to her arms with a concerned look.

"Seemed like an opportune moment," Korra chuckled nervously. She had yet to tell any adult in her life that she was banned from Republic City, so unless Raiko said something, they would have no clue. And she would like to keep it that way for as long as possible, hopefully, until she wins back Raiko's favor. Or he stops being president.

One option being more enjoyable than the other.

"But what if they come at you again?" Kya continued. She had had her fair share of impromptu trips with girls, but this was pushing it. Much farther than her mother and father would have allowed.

Korra shrugged. "Let them. I'll be ready."

"Plus, it's not like it's just us," Lemaya chimed in, an unsaid unfortunately hiding beneath her words, "The rest of the team is coming, too. And Tenzin. Bumi, Ji-"

"Yay, airship!"

Lemaya nearly tumbled over as Meelo sped past her on an air scooter, his big eyes fixated completely on the approaching airship, its sleek hull heading right for Air Temple Island. As the Air Acolytes stood at the edge of the courtyard, ready to reel the airship in with docking ropes, Kya helped Lemaya and Korra heft their bags toward the ship.

"I knew this might come in handy eventually," Asami nodded as she walked down the ramp into the ship once it docked.

"It's perfect. Thank you, Asami," Korra smiled as she gently worked past Asami to set her bags down on the ship's interior. She turned back to help Lemaya and Kya but stopped in her tracks as she really took in the ship for the first time. Inside it was beautifully decorated, seats anywhere anyone would want them, huge windows to let in the sunlight, and gorgeous colors lining every wall.

"I mean, Tenzin did say that Ba Sing Se was our big stop. I figured that if we're going there of all places, we should do it in style."

"And style this is. The only thing that's more opulent than this is the Fire Nation Royal Palace. And the homes of anyone who has ever lived there. They all have such excessive taste." Kya shook her head as she exited back down the ramp and Asami stifled a laugh. She figured for a moment that that must be why, when she visited Zai's home, she felt that it was out of place in the countryside, but then she remembered that it wasn't Zai's place at all. So, her next thought, was if, eventually, Zai would ever have a place like that of her own.

Preferably under certain circumstances.

"Did someone say airship?" Ikki squealed as she rushed past Lemaya, the waterbender nearly falling over again.

"Airship!" Tosi repeated in glee, following Ikki on a speeding ball of air that, too, almost knocked Lemaya over. Them and their stupid scooters, she thought as she straightened her jacket, Korra's chest wracking with a loud laugh as she doubled over. "It's not funny."

"It is a little funny."

"Kids, no running in the airship!" Tenzin called ahead of him as he walked with Bumi, Jinora, Pema, and Baby Rohan up to the courtyard, a few bags in his hands. When the kids didn't respond, he just sighed as Jinora gently pat his shoulder. "Jinora, can you please get your siblings?"

Jinora skipped a head to rein Ikki and Meelo in as Bolin dawdled behind them, more than a few bags juggled between his arms. "Mako!" he snapped, trying to find his brother to help with the bags. "Half of these are yours, where are you!"

Kya dipped out of the way as Bolin bumbled around, screaming for his brother, and said, "I guess Pema and I'll hold down the fort while you guys are away doing...that." The 'that' in question being Bolin tripping down a flight of stairs that definitely was not there before. Why did that keep happening to him?