Episode 7: The Aftermath Part 2

Walking toward the north end of the Silk Road Bridge, Tenzin pulled his robes tighter around himself as he continued to brace the chilly winds of the night. Korra lightly snorted at how funny he looked trying to stay warm, her own bare arms welcoming the cool feeling that brushed across them. Lin let out a low groan as she spun around to see Korra and Tenzin so far behind her. "You guys can't walk any slower, huh?"

Tenzin and Korra said nothing, only sparing each other worried glances before quickly picking up their speed in order to join Lin at the north end of the bridge. "Psst." The three turned their heads to see a man poke his head out from behind a pillar holding onto the edge of the bridge. "Over here." Tenzin, Lin, and Korra took a few steps towards the squirrelly man, their eyes following his uneasy movements with apprehension.

"Listen, I joined the Equalists because I believed in what Amon said. I thought he could make life better for us non-benders. But I didn't sign up for this...war."

"So, what do you have on Hiroshi Sato?" Lin asked, crossing her arms lightly.

The warehouse worker whispered quietly, "He manufactured those gloves for the Equalists."

"I knew it!" Korra called.

"And there are rumors he's working on something even bigger. Some new kind of weapon." The warehouse worker slowly lifted up the collar of his shirt, covering his face with the white fabric.

"We searched all of Future Industries and found nothing," Tenzin said as he furrowed his brows.

"That's because he has a secret factory." The warehouse worker smiled mischievously, turning away from the trio and heading off of the shredded wood of the bridge.

"Where?" Korra prodded.

"It's right underneath the Sato Mansion," he said behind him as he walked away into the inky darkness.

The breaths of a police airship riddled Tenzin's ears as he thought over the plan they had concocted based on the warehouse worker's information. "Raiding the Sato Mansion is a risky move with Tarrlok breathing down your neck. If we're wrong..."

"I know. I can kiss my job goodbye, but protecting Republic City is all I care about. We can't let Amon get his hands on this new weapon," Lin sighed as she looked out past the glass windows of the airship. Once the airship landed, Lin and her fellow metalbender cops filed out of it, storming through the front door of the Sato Mansion without any care for the hinges on which they were attached. Bolin jumped up with a shriek as the door flew open and dropped the bowl of fruit that he was munching on, Mako and Asami turning their attention quickly from the vinyl that they were talking over.

"What are you doing here?" Asami demanded, standing up abruptly to meet the intruders in her house.

"We have reason to believe that there's a factory hidden below the mansion," Ln announced, waving her hand back at her cops.

Narrowing her eyes, Asami scowled at the sheer amount of metalbender cops that continued to fill her house. "I think I would've noticed if there were a factory underneath my house. The lies you people come up with just to persecute my father."

"Oh, speaking of, where is your father?" Tenzin wondered as Korra walked into the house slowly behind him. Korra averted her gaze when she entered the house, trying to avoid the seething stare that she knew Mako was giving her.

"In his workshop. Behind the house," Asami answered shortly. She nearly toppled half of the metalbender cops over as she pressed sharply past them. Asami led them out to Hiroshi's workshop, huffing as the cops stopped her movements every so often in order to set up a perimeter around the workshop. Pushing open the door to the workshop, Asami called out into the vast expanse of the workspace, "Dad? Hello?"