Chapter 5

{Cypher}

Get out of my head, now.

This little thief has been stuck in my mind since the moment I left her. I feel bad for abandoning her all of a sudden, but she's going to have a better company between these magical people. She'll learn what she needs, grow stronger and control her powers.

But although that, I'm scared to leave her alone; I don't trust Breach at all, Raze might hurt her by accident, Brim can put too much pressure on her, and... there are so many reasons not to leave her with them. But I have to admit, I wouldn't be a better tutor. I know nothing about her abilities, except the fact the amount of power she has now, is nothing comparing to what she actually has inside.

I grab the glass of orange juice she made this morning and look at it for a while. How much do I really know about her?

I slowly take off my mask, my curly, black hair finally being released. It feels so good to breath by nose, not through the mask. I wonder if I will be able to show my face to her someday.

{Laria}

- So I'll stay with you? - I ask, pointing at one out of two beds in the room.

- Yup! - Jett says. - I heard you can be pretty fast. I want to race with you.

- Oh, come on, I bet not as fast as you. - I giggle, scratching my head in a flattery. - I'm new to this job, you've been here for a while.

- You'll get it in no time. It's easy. Plant the spike, steal radianite from Kingdom's base and transfer it to Valorant. We'll take care of it.

- Why do we rob Kingdom?

- We don't rob them. We simply help them. Since their boss messed everything up and disappeared, no one had enough courage to go and take the radianite. Especially everything is abandoned, as Cypher probably told you already, we faced some obstacles...

- What obstacles?

- I don't really know. I wish everything was way clearer than it is. I just know we have to get this radianite, and that's all. Anyway, tell me now, what are your abilities.

- Um, I more or less know... Basically electricity, I can make a shield, boost, paralyse and-

- What's your biggest trick?

- Huh?

- Something like, ultimate ability.

- I don't know. I really don't.

Jett stops talking, thinking.

- I heard you murdered thirty-six people. Is that true?

I look away, holding my arm hardly, remembering terrible events.

- Yeah.

- That's your ultimate, I guess.

So as much as I don't want to be a murderer, my ability straight says: kill. Wonderful.

In the afternoon I go with her on a walk, we race a few times, and of course, she wins. I will never be able to catch up to her. Also, if I ever won, she'd probably get offended and never want to talk with me again.

We get some burritos together for a dinner and chat a lot. It's so good to have a friend among all of these strangers. I think we'll get along quite well. Despite that, I still miss Cypher. I don't know why, cause he was treating me harshly all the time. Still, he was an intriguing person, and was willing to get to know me. I don't care if it was about more information for himself, the attention he was giving me was pleasing.