Chapter 23

{Cypher}

"What do you mean you haven't heard from her for a while now..." I whisper, looking at them all, standing in front of me. Well, not everyone. Another one who disappeared was Jett.

"I've looked for any information, but there's none. They just both vanished." Says Killjoy and she seems nervous. Correcting her glasses, she takes a tablet to her hand and looks at Cypher again. "Believe me, I'd love to know where they are as much as you." She quickly adds, trying to reassure me she had nothing to do with it. I raise eyebrows, full of suspicion.

I hold myself from exclaiming that I don't give a shit about Yoru and Jett, I just want information on [y/n]. I'm really pissed right now, but I push it away. I need to keep my cool.

"Well then, I shall check my dear cameras." I say, ready to head out.

"There's no need for that." I hear KAY/O's robotic voice next to me. The damn tin can.

"And why is that, smart one?"

"I've already analysed the footage."

"Cypher, you gotta trust my bot." I hear Killjoy say, but even she is worried. I see her expression, behaviour and nervous moves. She knows this bot was sent for something more than just helping us. This girl just can't accept it.

"Darling, I can't trust something that can't feel, or think for itself. It's programmed." I pressure the word, and she tightens her lips.

"So are you. It feels like you care about [y/n] only, you haven't asked a single question about Jett or Yoru. Or if anyone else is fine. It's as if you someone sent you to be her shield!" she yells, but quickly shuts up when I turn my stare at her.

I take off my mask, and look her dead in the eye. Everyone falls silent immediately, probably staring in shock at my scarred face.

"Because I truly care about her, and only." I say quietly and slowly, watching her expression tense. "Let Yoru and Jett go to damn hell, I don't care! I never did. Oh, darling, I'm sorry... Did this hurt you?" I crack a smile, cupping her cheeks. "I could stab one of you right now and I wouldn't feel a thing."

I feel a big hand land on my shoulder and pull me away from Killjoy. That's, obviously, the huge grandpa.

"Cypher, I think you need to calm down.""

"Yes, yes, of course." I push his hand off and smirk at him. "I'll go and chill."

{Laria}

As soon as I wake up, the pain hits my head. I look down at my wrists and for a while I'm sitting there, watching handcuffs they locked me in. I frown, trying to ignore impulsive waves of migraine.

My eye is also swollen slightly, as I've been pretty much beaten up. Mercilessly. 

When I stand up I look into the dirty mirror hanging lonely on the grey wall and I notice weird patterns on my right cheek. It looks as if the lighting hit it, but I don't pay too much attention to it. There are more problems I should focus on. I look around, but the room is dark, brightened only by one light bulb hanging off the ceiling. And dead silence.

Think, [y/n], think.

For now my head isn't in the right condition to do it.

"Hello...?" I say quietly and notice how hoarse my voice is. From exhaustion.

"Oh, you woke up-" I hear someone quickly stand up and approach their bars. The metal handcuffs hit them. "Morning, silly, did you sleep well?"

"Yoru!" My face immediately brightens up, hearing him. That means he's alive.

"Hey, darling, missed me?" I hear a smile in his voice. "They got you, too."

"Why would they do it, though...?" I slowly ask, but then I realize. The Kingdom was never fond of working with the Radiants.

"They'll get rid of us, asap, probably. You know, KAY/O was sent to us with a purpose - to replace us. They don't need us any more. They will just use a damn robot to disable abilities of the enemies and finish them off with no problem."

"Very handy, I suppose." I sigh and put my forehead to the cold wall. I need to think, quickly, before I lose my head. Literally. "Are you alright there?"

"Except living with a thought that we'll probably die soon enough, yes, I am. Just hurting a bit. But that's fine." I hear him walk away from his bars and sit down on the ground. "I hope our friends will find out quickly."

{Omen}

I know where they are.

But I somehow can't tell them.

I'm looking at them in silence, then I move my head towards the window. In the distance there's a tower, and under it there are thousands of corridors that might lead to our lost ones. It's nearly impossible to find them, though.

I look at the door, where Cypher was not so long ago. After he exploded in front of Killjoy.

I bet he's already working by himself.

I just feel it - [Y/N] is the only person that is precious to him here, that makes him feel things that no one ever did before. He's... quite obsessed with her.

Just a tiny bit.

After, again, watching everyone fight in the room I teleport to Cypher's room. I spot him, already planning his way out. He's dead serious about going all by himself.

"Aamir, this might be a bit dangerous." I whisper, trying to sound calm - just as if I was a human. I forgot my voice sounds the same all the time now. "Don't risk your life like that, we're all working on getting them back."

"I don't care if others survive. I just want... her to come back to me." his face is plain, hiding all the emotions inside of him. The usual. I don't know whether he does it on purpose, or is it just how he is.

"I understand. But you won't do much by yourself."

"Oh shut up, you-"

"I know where they all are." I quickly say before he regrets his words.

The silence follows and I notice a small smile crack on his face.

"Oh, so that means... you can lead me there?"

"Maybe."