Chapter 22

{Y/N}

We just froze in place, not sure of what to do. This seems weirdly unrealistic.

"Brimstone ordered to split and look for him, immediately." She says, exhaling. "Hurry up, lovebirds, we don't have much time left, if we have any in the first place.

We both get up and I look at Cypher, nodding slightly.

"I'll go visit the corners I know in Split. Hope I'll find some traces he could've left. You take care of... everything else." I say, and smile shortly. "See you, Aamie."

"Aamie...?" He whispers and smiles, amused.

In a short while I'm all ready and out of the headquarters. Now it's time to look for our lost one - Yoru. Wherever he is now, it can't be that far. It seems Viper has seen him pretty recently, that means he couldn't get out of a border of the city.

Or at least I think so.

I walk between people, wearing Kingdom logo on my outfit. They move away, crowds letting me through. They stare at me with disgust, fear, but sometimes someone looks at me with admiration. Some people fear super-natural people, but some are interested in them - no need to say our life is a terrible path.

I avoid the egg someone threw at me and just continue my journey. It was to be foreseen, I bet not many of the Radiants are very welcome here, in Split. Soon I get to the narrow alleys and continue my searching here.

Something feels really off, like in most of situations like this. I look up and notice cameras observing me, but that's not what concerns me. I look to my right at the wall and inhale violently. Traces of blood, and sings of fight. I quickened my pace and followed (dry now) blood drops on the ground, that were spread through the whole alley.

How come no one saw it?

I feel a pain in my right shoulder, and when I look at it I notice a syringe that stabbed me. The adrenaline quickens my heart beat, I immediately notice two armed men in black suits running at me. I immediately use my boost and run as far as I can. Just when I think I lost them I notice another two men in front of me. I slow down, but I force myself to use even more of my power, so I turn left fast and climb the wall. I hold onto one of the balconies, and break the window into someone's house. The family just eating dinner looks at me as I run on their table and jump off it. I look around for another window and when I feel as the liquid, which they injected me, starts working I stop for a second. I unplug someone's computer in that house and put my hand to an outlet, gathering the electricity in myself.

That helps me stay awake, although I still feel weakened.

"Thank you, kind people." I say to them and continue my escape.

I try to find my phone, but the signal already has been blocked by people hunting me down.

"Fuck it..."

I hear the whole squad running up the stairs, so I quickly get out while they still can't see me. I'm heading to the rooftop.

'Faster, faster, faster... Come on...' The little voice echoes in my head.

I block the metal door after me when I reach the roof. There are many buildings around me, I can just run on them. They need to lose me eventually. I hear banging on the metallic door, and I realize how short on time I am. Just when I'm about to jump to the other building, I notice another squad standing down on the ground and aiming straight at the roof where I am.

My mind gets blurry, I feel as the panic is overwhelming me slowly. I try to snap out of it, but the feeling of being trapped is stronger.

Then, I hear a loud bang.

They broke the door and surrounded me in a circle, so I turn around myself slowly, holding up hands, ready to use my abilities. Just when one person takes a step forward, I immediately paralyse them - but they aren't that stupid as I hoped them to be. After this all of them at once get closer, every step coordinated - they want to confuse me and not let me put them all down.

I just feel as the fury gathers in me.

That's all I need.

I scream, and also hear others scream, bodies falling with a thud. My eyelids are tightly closed, but I feel as the whole anger gets out, and also see the lights through. When I open my eyes, I see the electricity going crazy around me, still burning others to death.

Someone from behind, who survived, runs at me, holding their gun tightly, ready to hit me. I only reach out my hand, sending them far into the air. I don't think much of what happened to that person.

I just jump to the next roof, seeing the dead bodies even far down on the ground. I gained a bit of time - they're going to send another squad after me, though.

My body cools down after a while, and I feel terribly exhausted. I forgot, I've been injected with some calming shit. Despite that, I keep running, forcing my body to move faster - although that I feel as I slow down.

I find some abandoned building and jump into it through the window. I land on the floor, feeling the pain of a hard landing a bit too late. I just stay in this position and close my eyes slowly. It's been a lot of events happening today.

But what disturbed me the most?

These people had the Kingdom's logo.

I don't have much of a free time. I hear a van pulling over, and screams of hunters outside. Goddamnit...

They burst into the room I'm in, and although I try to get up, they hit my chin with the back of a gun easily. Someone screamed, that's probably because of me unconsciously sending  waves of electricity, trying to desperately save myself.

I get up again, but someone shoots me with another syringe, and that one I can't fight back. I fall to my knees and they kick me down to the floor.

"DON'T MOVE! CAREFUL! GIVE ME THE HANDCUFFS!" I hear commands, but I can't even move my head up. They put on the handcuffs, which disable my abilities.

The last thing I see is the blindfold that they cover my eyes with, so tightly, that my head hurts.