Chapter 14

{Cypher}

We were sitting around the round table, discussing what to do with the fact we've found supposedly "dead" former boss of the Kingdom. For sure not talk with the current one, especially the Kingdom wants to hide those terrible memories at all costs. I keep glancing at Laria from time to time, just to see her doodle in her notebook. Omen, who's sitting right beside her, curiously peeking at her work. A second later, though, he immediately pays attention to what everyone's talking about, realizing the doodles are not worth his time.

[y/n] is possibly just not interested, as she doesn't really get what that might mean. She experienced just a bit of power that Shatter has, and what's even worse, he can gain even more of it. That's why he sends our copies on missions - to get the radianite to finally make himself unbeatable. I remember him taking my memories too, when he still ruled the Kingdom, and had a lot of control over Valorant organisation. He kidnapped [y/n] to just fill his the gap in his collection. Like a puppet collector.

As to think of it, as the Radiants gained all their power from the radianite, Omen's existing just because of it, too. I wonder, whether his suit contains a bit of the powerful material, either. Possibly yes, as it's keeping him all together.

I notice, with the edge of my eye, that Laria raised her head, starting to get interested in what's happening. I think it's time that I do, as well.

{Laria}

I look at everyone, energetically talking, discussing. The only one annoyed here is Reyna, impatiently hitting the table with her long nails. Not gonna lie, they're really pretty.

- Why do we even care, it's the Kingdom's problem. - she said harshly, frowning.

- Because we're the organisation created to protect uninfected people. - Brim's deep voice echoed in my ears. - We need to make sure there's no threat to them. I understand you might feel offended to protect "worms" like these, Reyna, but this organisation is why you aren't locked up in the laboratory yet.

I shiver, pushing away my dark memories. Yeah, better be thankful, Reyna. I close my eyes and nod, agreeing with myself. I notice Sova's amused stare directed at me and feel as my cheeks get hot. This wasn't meant for anyone to be seen.

I immediately get serious after that, and frown in a deep thought.

- Can we destroy the radianite? - I asked, and the room fell silent.

- No idea. - after a while Brim answers.

- Probably not. - says Killjoy. - We already had problems with putting it into... boxes even. How on earth would we be able to destroy it?

- True... - I whisper, holding my chin, thinking. If we destroy the radianite, though, there's no way Shatter would be able to gain more power.

- I know what you want to do, Sparkle. - I hear familiar voice to my right. - But I'm afraid there's no way it can happen. The only way is to get to Shatter and destroy him, which shouldn't be a big deal.

- He still has our own copies to fight us. - I notice, sighing. - so that means, if he gains even more power, will the copies become more powerful, as well?

- Probably yes, logically thinking. - Killjoy immediately replies.

Omen growled under his breath, crossing arms on the chest. The idea of destroying the radianite didn't really... suit him, I can tell. We need to come up with something else.

{Shatter}

I walk through the corridor, carefully placing my feet, to not make any noise. Theoretically I'm alone. Copies' minds are empty, lack of consciousness. I'm the only one thinking here.