twelve

hey ♥ ♥ i'm back

Closer now, your love has warmed a heart

That could have frozen in these cold days

Where love is laughed at

Until You came to show me love's full glory

Love's Full Glory- Linda McCartney

✢ ✢ ✢

twelve

Now you're probably about to ask what I did but that's the thing. I did absolutely nothing. I just watched as Jonesy's eyes stayed open and pushed Tessa away. He said something to her, I don't know what but he seemed angry and ultimately disgusted as well. Which brought a lot more relief into my bones than I realized. Tessa looked hurt and confused; as if she had never been rejected before. Which really brought a new feeling to me because they knew each other.

I also watched in panic as his eyes looked around me and inevitably landed on me.

I will admit that he looked defeated and angry. But nonetheless , I still did absolutely nothing. I was frozen. My heart was beating extremely fast and I just watched him walk towards me.

And I did absolutely nothing but watch him walk towards me. I was stunned; if that was even the proper word to use regarding this situation.

"Eve," He started. His eyes looked almost frightened; probably because I still haven't done anything. What was I supposed to say? What was I supposed to say to this person?

I adjusted the strap of my bag and watched his face for a minute.

What was I supposed to say?

"What you just saw-I," He sighed, glancing away for a second before meeting my eyes again. There were people around us but they didn't seem to be interested in what we were doing. "She's a friend of my family." I frowned. "That's all she is. We are not friends."

"I-don't know," I glanced behind him, and she was still there. She hadn't taken her eyes off of him. Was that how I acted? I did love him and she seemed to be more infatuated with him than I was. Why would she feel so comfortable to kiss him? "I don't know if I believe that."

He looked shocked and for some reason, I felt a feeling of anger build up because if I was being honest, I did not know this man. I did not know him at all. I did not know anything about his past endeavors with women or the way he'd treated them in the past. I only knew of how he treated me. Even now, I doubted how he treated me. We got together too fast.

"What do you mean?" I was turning away. "Eve,"

"I don't know anything about you. I thought I did." I glanced at him again. "You aren't telling me the truth. I know you aren't." He hadn't said anything.

I just looked at him. Who was this person?

"I've got somewhere to be." I turned away for the last time. I hesitated but it wasn't my job to speak for him. I needed someone that was honest and now, I regretted giving my body to him. Giving my body to someone I didn't know.

That I was my biggest mistake.

✢✢✢

"Are you feeling ok?" I nodded, sipping my coffee. June and I decided to go out for lunch at this 60s themed restaurant downtown. "Do you want to talk about it?

"Not really," I glanced up at her. "I don't want to talk about him right now." If I did, I knew I would start crying. Crying for myself because of how naïve I had been.

"Eve," I hummed. She put her coffee down and folded her hands. "I'm always here, whenever you need to talk. You know that right? I'm your person." I managed a smile. My eyeballs hurt from having to strain them in the dark.

"I know that. And I will." I sighed. "I need to focus on myself right now."

She nodded. "What are you going to do?"

"I got an offer to study abroad in Japan." I smiled. "I'm leaving."