🅟🅡🅞🅛🅞🅖🅤🅔

PART ONE

$†αιƦωαψ †ø hεαυεπ - lεδ zερρεlιπ 

There's a feeling I get

When I look to the west

And my spirit is crying for leaving

Prologue

The sun still hasn't set yet, thankfully because I'm stuck here, uncomfortably waiting for my ride home. I check my watch again, 7:30.

I sigh and look around me, stairway to heaven playing softly in my ears, the parking lot is almost empty, a couple of people linger talking to each other.

I hear a loud screeching sound with blasting music and I back up because I automatically know who it is, because it's the only person on campus who drives like a maniac. I know because its oddly endearing.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" My best friend says, rolling down the window to her car and smacking loudly on a piece of gum. A smile explodes on my face. Her heart shaped face and the prettiest hazel eyes I've ever seen shine back at me.

"It's alright." I laugh and open the door to the red beetle. "Are you doing ok?" She nods excitedly.

"So, did you study well? Get some new brain cells?" She snickers as she jokes. I just look at her and roll my eyes, typical Joy, always teasing me about my interests in my schoolwork.

"Well if I gained some, you lost some." She laughs loudly and I smile in return. "What are we going to do then, we still have the entire night ahead of us." I just shrug, forcing the books I was holding into my bag.

I notice one of my nails is chipped and I scowl. I just got these done yesterday.

"You wanna go hang out with some new people I met?" I turn to look at her. "They have good vibes I promise. I know how you are about energy, they're really nice too Eve." She gives me a reassuring smile. I smile in return.

"Well if you say they're ok then why not?" She lets out a yay. Her blonde hair flows in the wind as we make a sharp curve on the side of a mountain. We go to school in California, right near mountains that are so high that they cut through the sky and are covered by clouds.

"Are we going to their house or something?" I frown and look at her. "How old are these people? Where did you meet them? Did you say they went to our school? Joy why aren't you-"

Joy grabs my hand, then shakes her head looking at me.

"You worry too much for your own good." I scoff.

" I just don't want to be in harm's way. You never know with certain people. Plus with the people you meet, I can't ever be sure." I shake her hand off me. She laughs again.

"Well you're an excellent judge of character, how about you make that judgement when we get there." She glances at me again. "Ok?"

I give her an incredulous look.

"Whatever you say."

IOIOI