🅣🅦🅞

ⓓⓞⓝ' ⓑⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ ⓜⓔ - The Beatles

But 'til she's here please don't come near, just stay away

I'll let you know when she's come home

Until that day

Don't come around, leave me alone, don't bother me

two

"Are you doing ok?" I was a little startled considering my complete attention had been on John-Paul the entire time.

I looked to my left and nodded at Joy who put her arms around me in a loving way that makes me hug her back.

She glances  up at John and smiles. "Hey Jonesy, how's it going?" She tilted her head up to look up at him and I frowned and looked at him in pure shock and confusion.

"You're nicknamed Jonesy?" I blurt out. He gives me a grin and a knowing look and says hello to Joy. He turns his blue eyes towards her and I feel a little relieved not that his attention wasn't on me. His white shirt was a little tight on him and his grey sweatpants were really loose on his hips. He looked so effortlessly good that it bothered me a little.

"You probably don't know this yet but Eve is a huge fan of Led Zeppelin and the Beatles" He cocks his eyes to the side and turns to look at me and I instantly blush. Damn it. Why can't Joy keep her mouth shut.

"She has a poster of John-Paul in our apartment. You should've come over sometime." She gives him a pat on the shoulder, a smile and goes back to talking to June, who miraculously has managed to string Christmas lights on the wall with a bunch of people helping her. They're all singing the same song and I notice it as Don't Bother Me.

Reluctantly, I do turn my attention back to John-Paul or in now Jonesy and I have to say it really does suit him in a good way. But also in a bad way that puts funny pictures in my head.

"You're really adorable, you know that?." He's leaning against the counter and I really can smell him now and he smells so good. My heart pounds a little and I shyly smile down at the bottle of water I'm holding.

"You kind of do look like him a little too." I mumble. I pretend not to be affected by his voice and his words even though I am starting to get this small feeling of infatuation with the color of his eyes and how deep his dimples are. This was not good at all. Now every time i think of my favorite person I'll also be thinking about him too.

"You think so?" He smirks, taking a sip of his beer again, licking his lips when the can comes away from his lips.

I frown and look back up at him. " Can I just call you by your first name then?"

He leans in close to my face.

He's acting like he's known me for years.

"No." His eyes drift down to watch my lips as I breathe. " I want you to call me Jonesy." I turn away from him, my hands freezing a little from the coldness of the bottle.

"You really are full of yourself." I say in a small voice. I don't think that I've ever been affected by someone like this before and i can tell by the way he looks at me that I am a bit foreign to him or I suppose not what he's used to. And by the people that I can see so far in his house, I can't say I'm surprised.

I look at my phone and remember that I have classes early in the morning tomorrow.

"I really should be going." I say, straightening up to slide myself off of the seat. I still hold on to the bottle of water that I haven't drank out of yet.

He watches me closely as I do this and I find it oddly endearing.

"It was really nice to meet you." I smile a small smile at him. I am about to turn around to tell Joy I need to go home when he takes my hand in a soft way.

I look back at him, "What's your number?" I am a little surprised because he just seems like a nice person all in all but not so nice to make complete friends with me just yet.

"Um," I look down timidly, putting my number in his phone. 

"It really was nice to meet you Eve." When he says this in that low voice, I look back up at him and I think he can tell I'm blushing now because there's nothing I can do to hide it.

"You too Jonesy."

✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫

"So, did you have fun?" Joy asks, throwing her keys on the table near the door as we walk into the house. I smile at her and nod. "I knew you would." She stops and looks at me. "Did you like him Eve?"

I look away. " I don't know." I take off my shoes and walk into the kitchen, ready to start on dinner since I'm starving with a bit of anxiousness on the side.

"You looked like you were having a good time. You both look so good together too you know?" She wraps her arms around my torso and puts her chin on my shoulder. "You should give it a try if that's what's happening." I laugh a little and am a little frightened by my phone ringing in my back pocket.

"Hold on a minute." I wipe my hands on my jeans and reach out to get it out. "It's him."

"What do you mean? Answer it!" She laughs and watches me and I shakily drop my phone to the floor.

I glare at her and pick it up.

"Eve." I freeze, my gaze still on the floor.

"H-hi." There's a pause on the other end as he sighs. Joy has disappeared and I stand up, leaning against the counter.

"You get home safe?" I can't help but be a little shocked. This has never happened to me before.

"Yeah I did," He hums. "Thank you." I can hear him shuffling in the background.

He pauses again. As he contemplates whether or not he should say this or not. "Would you like to go out tomorrow? With me?" Joy comes back into the room holding a huge watermelon, bigger than the size of my head and frowns at me, what's happening? She mouths

"Um yeah, I would like to go out with you tomorrow."