🅣🅗🅡🅔🅔

t๏๓๏гг๏ฬ - ฬเภɠร

Oh, baby, don't let me down tomorrow

Holding hands we both abandon sorrow

Oh, for a chance to get away tomorrow

THREE

Friday night came faster than I expected, mainly because I had the same thoughts throughout the day of what we were going to do this night. I had made up different scenarios of what we would do and I had racked up an amount of credit to Jonesy even though he left no explanation of what we would be doing. Along with that, I was completely filled with anxiety and restlessness throughout the night before and I had even forgotten to put on coffee since my brain was not on autopilot and I had left my phone at home, uncharged.

I had completely blanked throughout my studies and did not pay attention in the classes I had today all because I had dwelled in my infatuations.

For just an ordinary person I had just met this seemed a little excessive. But this in fact wasn't ordinary because I had never felt this way before. This could not have been just a crush at this point.

After returning home, I had calmed myself down a bit and I had drunk an entire bottle of orange juice that made my stomach ache a little but that was better than the anxious feeling I was having before.

I didn't realize until much later, after 9, that I had been stood up. Or that Jonesy hadn't ever called or texted. To even say that I was disappointed would have been an understatement considering the connection I thought we had together. But maybe he was just like that with everyone he met, he did seem quite talkative and full of himself. And I could see why, he really did own the room, quite literally and figuratively.

By the time Joy came home, I was on my 30th sad song and my fourth bottle of orange juice. She looked like she really wanted to tell me something but I turned away from her.

"Eve I-" She suddenly turned on the lights in the kitchen and they blinded me for a moment.

"I'm going to bed." I said in a small voice and started retreating to my room, but not before catching the sad look that crossed her face and the look of pity that turned my stomach and made me almost want to die.

✬✬✬✬✬✬

After a couple of weeks, I tried not to think about him so much anymore. I deleted his number from my phone and decided not to follow Joy when she told me she was going to hang out with his friends again the times that she had. She had mentioned vaguely about something bad happening but I pretended not to hear her. She became quite close with June who was probably one of the nicest and eccentric girls next to Joy that I had ever met.

I felt like I was being a little excessive considering I had only met him just that once and we were not even friends. But I did feel that it was necessary for my mental state and for my success in school that I did not dwell too much in guys or things of that nature.

Today was not any different. Well that's what I thought as I exited the library and decided to wait outside for Joy as she was still getting tutored. I made my way towards my car in the parking lot. A couple of people I knew greeted me and I smiled back in acknowledgement.

I was busy trying to watch my footing around the vegetation on the ground that seemed to sprout seemingly out of nothingness, when I noticed someone standing in front of me.

I was a little shocked to say the least.

He still looked just as good as the first time I had seen him and if I was being completely honest, I could say he looked even better than the way my mind remembered him. But I did not utter a single word as he greeted, "Eve." I blatantly ignored the emotions he stirred and just stared back at him in complete silence.

I turned my attention back to my feet as I moved back around the bushes and stopped right in front of him since there was nowhere else for me to go. I was feeling a little sad at this moment because if I was being honest I had felt a little disappointed because I really thought I had gotten over the thought of him. But seeing him standing here right in front of me seemed like he was the complete embodiment of my thoughts for weeks.

"What are you doing here?" My voice had no emotion and I was trying to keep my eyes dry because I noticed in this moment just how much I really had started to like him. I was 20 for Christ's sake. I was acting like I had never had a crush before in my life.

"I just-" His eyes stayed on mine as they softened and he sighed. I really wanted to hear what he had to say but I also didn't. "I wanted to see you, to explain." I blinked once, confused.

"Why now?" I turned my attention away from him to see how low the sun had gone down. It was almost 8 now and I was tired of waiting for Joy, I really wanted to run away and go to sleep and to forget I had ever met him but he completely had my attention now. "Why didn't you come see me that night?"

He seemed to not know what to say. But I really had felt like I had enough, he really was suffocating me with his presence. My comfort level was falling quickly and I watched as he dragged his long fingers through his hair and he stepped closer to me. Then as if I hadn't noticed it before, I saw he was limping a little and I looked down to see his leg in a cast. I frowned a little.

"I was on my way to see you when I got into an accident." He chuckled a little, his voice was low and his cheeks were a little red and I felt my chest tighten. " Almost lost my leg."

"I-" I looked down, a feeling of shame overcame me and I had a feeling I was about to cry but I wrapped my arms around me. This was what Joy was trying to tell me.

"You didn't know Eve." He reached out to touch my arm, he was so warm when I was so cold to him.

"I'm sorry," I choked out a sob, turning my face away. I should have known he wasn't like that, but I hadn't known him well and I didn't bother trying to. "I'm so sorry."

He was silent for a while, but he rubbed my arm and was here, just here for me even though he was the one that was hurt and not me.

He reached out to wipe a tear from my cheek and smiled down at me.

"Are you ok?"

"I should be asking you that." I say letting out a laugh. His hand was still on my cheek and I noticed his eyes drifting down to my lips like he had done that first night and I noticed how dark his eyes had gotten.

He was leaning in closer and I was frozen in this one spot I was in and to say I was shocked when he placed his lips on mine would have been an understatement.