🅕🅞🅤🅡

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊 𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖙 - 𝖇𝖔𝖇𝖇𝖞 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔𝖓

She wore blue velvet

Bluer than velvet was the night

Softer than satin was the light

From the stars

FOUR

My heart was really pounding this time and it wouldn't stop. I was shocked and my breath was caught deep in my throat. I was not expecting this, I did not even think he liked me this way after all of those weeks of doubt. I didn't understand him like how I understood people normally. No. I didn't understand him at all.

But here he was, hurt and still strong in ways.

His long fingers were wrapped around the smallest parts of my waist and he was looking at me now as if this was his first time seeing me in my complete state. The wind around us was getting a little chilly and I felt myself press closer to him because of how warm he was. He hummed, pushing himself closer too. I could see the light of the sun in his hair, making it appear much lighter than it was.

We weren't saying anything and I couldn't really see what his eyes were saying.

But he pulled away from me, almost reluctantly and smiled a little.

"You on your way home then?" He was deciding to dodge the obvious so I played along.

"Yes." I started walking, going around him to reach my car which was less than 15 feet in front of us and still shining blue with the night approaching.

"This yours?"

"Uh-huh." I replied, looking back at him as he admired my car which was a blue 1960 Mustang that was gifted to me by my Nana before she passed away last year.

"She's a beauty."

"He." I smirk, going to the passenger side and reaching over to place my bag inside before coming to stand in front of him.

His eyes narrowed. "Who came up with that?" I smiled a little, deciding not to answer. He had taken a step closer to me and was about to say something when I heard someone shout my name.

I turned behind me to see one of the guys, Lance, from my Chem Lab in his car with a couple other guys I was familiar with, I wasn't exactly close with them but we studied together and they were extremely nice and pleasant to be around.

"Hey." I replied as Lance drove in closer to us. "What are you guys still doing here?" Lance was a very dark haired boy with probably the darkest pair of blue eyes I'd ever seen.

"Hey Jonesy." Quinn, one of the other boys with the same dark hair as Lance but with contrasting lighter eyes in the back greeted, to which Jonesy greeted back as he slipped an arm around my waist.

I noticed Lance frown, his attention on where Jonesy's hand was, but it quickly vanished as soon as I saw it. He cleared his throat and reached behind him to his back seat to grab a notebook that I knew wasn't mine.

"You said you needed extra help with our last lab." Lance was holding the book out to me and I noticed how flushed his face became, this time he wasn't looking at me. But, I was a little surprised and grateful as well and I stepped closer to take it from him. I smiled, meeting his eyes which he quickly looked away again. He was a normally shy kid, and I say kid because he was my junior by 2 years but was incredibly smart and sophisticated. He just was one of the people you want to be friends with too.

"You seriously didn't have to." I gushed, thanking him and him dismissing it, just like how I expected.

Jonesy was still silent which was odd to me but I didn't say anything to him, what would I even say.

Lance waved at me before he pulled out of the parking lot. I noticed now that it was only Jonesy and I left in the parking lot and that the sun had gone down.

"He likes you."

I turned to look at him but he was already looking down at me.

"He does not." I laugh. "He's just really nice."

"Eve," He starts. He really stands in front of me now, his eyes really holding me in place and my back against the drivers side of my car. "I'm serious." I tilted my head to the side. His hands were wandering, down from my hips and then back up again.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I like you," His face was coming closer like he had done before. He was so close now that he was speaking against my lips. "Don't you like me?"

I bet I was blushing really hard now because I could feel that my face was extremely hot.

I didn't notice until I had done it but it seemed like my fingers and my body had a mind of their own because I was standing on the tips of my feet and I reached up to pull his face close to mine by pulling his neck.

"Mmm... don't know yet." His hands had slipped down to grip my backside and he pulled my bottom half closer to me, he was grinning against my lips.

His other hand was deep in the tendrils of my tight curls.

"You're so sweet, like," His lips touched mine again and he pressed his body even closer to mine and I felt the feeling of warmth again. "Like honey."

"Eve!" I was a little startled and pushed gently on Jonesy's chest to see who called my name again. But this time it was Joy who was coming out from the library finally. "Oh!" I could see the hint of a smile on her face that she tried to cover up by pretending to not have seen us and opening the car door, throwing a greeting at Jonesy with a little laugh.

I was so embarrassed that I couldn't even speak.

I could feel Jonesy laughing against me and I scowled at him, getting out of his hold, and opening my car door.

"When can I see you next?" He asked, standing a way a little while I started the car, putting it in drive.

I turned to look at him as he leaned in close to where I was.

"Come see me tomorrow."

He was completely unpredictable and kissed me again which of course shocked me and made Joy beside me laugh her head off as I watched him laugh and turn around to walk away.