🅞🅝🅔

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℝ𝕠𝕒𝕕- 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕝𝕖𝕤

The wild and windy night

That the rain washed away

Has left a pool of tears

Crying for the day

Why leave me standing here?

Let me know the way

ONE

The ride didn't take long. But the house we came to did not seem like the traditional West Hollywood homes I've been to. It wasn't large enough but it wasn't small either. It was so completely beautiful that I noticed I must have been staring at it for more than I should have been. The darkness around it made it shine even more.

"I know it's beautiful right?" Joy said next to me, placing her book bag into the trunk as I got out of the car, motioning for me to do the same. I quickly nod and take my phone out of my bag. There were a couple people outside looking over at us as we came back around the car. They were sitting on the porch and all seemed to be stills out of a painting.

"Hey Joy." A girl with the palest skin I had ever seen said as she came up to us. She was beautiful in a way that wasn't common and wasn't completely advertised. But still beautiful nonetheless. Her dark brown eyes turned to me, a smile slow to form on her lips. " Who's this."

"Hey June, this is my best friend I was telling you about." I smile back at June. "Eve."

"You have such pretty skin." Her eyes never left mine and she seemed to know all my secrets without me even opening my mouth. Her green dress swayed in the wind as she watched my hair. A blush quickly rose to my cheeks but she would not be able to tell considering the dark glow of my skin.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet you." I reply shyly, my smile faltering a little with shock at the complement. She just smiled and grabbed both our hands leading us towards the house. The grass was so soft underneath the soles of my shoes.

"Well come on, there's more people to see." I glanced at Joy but she was too in awe of June to remember I was there.

The house was so warm on the inside. There was no one that I could see yet but I could tell there were people  with the amount of laughter that was coming from the main room. I lingered behind a little, still being pulled in by June.

Of course the laughter came to a pause when we came into the room. This looked like a dream straight out of a fantasy of my 60s dreams. But I couldn't dwell on that too much because of the amount of people in the room, all sprawled out around the floor on a beautiful psychedelic carpet that looked like it had come out of George Harrison's home.  There were about 10 of them, all but a few coupled, and beautiful in a distinct all american hippy way.

"Guys, you've met Joy." There was a chorus of hellos and heys but most of them were still looking at me. I was a little overwhelmed. "This," She turned to look at me and smiled again. "Is Eve." I felt like this was too warm of a welcome into a home that I did not know but I got the same amount of hellos and heys before they turned their attention back to what they were doing, which was mainly listening to music that was too familiar to me, and eating. They seemed to all dwell within each other in ways that were unfamiliar to me. In a loving and blissful way, all aware of each other.

Before I could stop myself I gasped as I noticed a poster of Jonesy. "You can't be serious." Joy laughed next to me.

"I told you you'd love them." I glanced at her and smiled so wide my cheeks hurt.

She looked surprised. "I haven't seen you smile that wide in so long, you got your dimples back." I frowned at her and walked away, she laughed behind me.

Then I noticed something so peculiar that after I noticed it, it didn't seem all that peculiar after all. In this dark room, there was a guy on the counter and he was reading. He seemed so otherworldly that he almost stole my complete attention. His hair was a very dirty blonde with dark brows to match.

He looked up at me, his eyes drifting up and down, his eyes focused on my eyes before a smile suddenly appeared on his face. He had such a pretty smile that almost made me run away.

"How's it going?" He asked smiling. I smiled a little back at him. His lips were so pink that they looked almost red.

"Fine thanks." I came a little closer to him, and I noticed he wasn't sitting on a chair, which meant he was actually this tall. "What are you reading?" He seemed surprised that I asked him that and didn't answer for a moment.

He frowned a little and then said, "When Giants Walked The Earth." My eyes widened at this then I came to a realization.

"This must be your house then." He looked a little amused and crossed his toned arms.

"How do you figure that?" He didn't particularly tower over me but I had to turn my neck up to look at him. His eyes were the prettiest shade of blue I had ever seen and they seemed to shine even the dark.

"There's a poster of John Paul over there. And you're reading a biography of Led Zeppelin." Then I smiled. "So is this not your house or what?" He seemed to be in awe of what I had said and let out a laugh.

"You're quite observant." Then he put the book down and handed me a bottle of water which I gratefully took only because I noticed it had never been opened. "It is my house. What's your name?"

I watched as he opened the fridge and took out a can of beer, he had to be over 20, he didn't seem like the type to drink underaged. And he wasn't particularly underaged looking either. "Eve," I answered, sitting on the stool in front of him, glancing behind me as I watched the people in the room. Then I turned to look at him again but he was already watching me. "What's yours?"

He seemed to be thinking as he watched me. "My parents are huge Beatles and Zeppelin fans." He smiled again. "I'm sure you can guess my name." At this point to me, a Beatlemaniac and a Zeppeletic, I could guess his name off hand. I found it so cool that this beautiful man could be here in front of me and be the epitome of my love of music and life itself and I hadn't even known him for more than 10 minutes.

I opened my water but didn't drink out of it. "Well," I looked up at him. "I'm guessing they named you John-Paul then." Then shyly, I turned my eyes away from him. "How original." He let out a booming laugh.

"I definitely wasn't expecting this." He smiled at me as he stared. "Interesting." He took a sip of his beer.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

references:
Jonesy: also known more publicly as John-Paul Jones, is a member of the band Led Zeppelin and was one of the founders along with Jimmy Page.

George Harrison: was a part of The Beatles and was very big on the art in psychedelics.