7. Tallulah

I heard the crash as I was leaving the house, the noise making me hesitated knowing it had come from my beloved library. No one in the family would normally risk damaging anything in there, they knew the stipulations surrounding the library, not unless something really bad had happened.
I was still in the shadows when I heard the front door open and footsteps, allowing me to hide myself as I watched Logan, step out, his gaze looking around the courtyard before turning back to the house and shaking his head before heading to the car.

He was leaving! Was that why there was a crash, I doubt my spoilt sister would be happy with her prize walking away, nor would our parents. I grinned in the darkness, glad he had escaped their clutches, he had seemed more aware than the usual male she brought home.
Noises within the house behind me had me rushing forward, making for my studio, I knew whatever had caused the crash I heard and Logan to leave, I would be blamed.

Locking the doors behind me, not wanting anyone to come in, especially not my family, I find myself moving towards my clay stores, it had been a while since I had worked with clay but I wanted to feel the cool silky texture under my fingers, an urge to create.
My apron barely covering my party dress as I pulled everything I needed together, but I didn't care. I didn't need the lights on, the moonlight through the window was enough, and the dark silence reassured me I was safe, I was alone.

The form started to take shape, I could feel the drying streak of clay across my cheek and I knew there were traces in my hair where I had pushed it back impatiently. The clay had warmed under my hands and now felt like liquid silk against my fingers, as I sculpted without thought.

The sound of vehicles starting and leaving, shouts of goodbye, echoes of reply, then silence again, a tense moment when the studio door handle was turned, but no one knocked or tried to open the door again.

The sun was rising across the gardens when I finally sat back and looked at my work.  I knew what I had done even if I wasn't ready to admit it, the male upper torso form and soft facial figures resembling my view of my sisters boyfriend... Logan Blackbourne.

My mind went back to the scene last night of Logan leaving, but that didn't confirm they had actually split up.
The sound of a vehicle and a glance at the clock made me tense, damn it, I had my agent coming this morning to go over the next installation, that was probably her now and I needed to catch her before she rang at the house.

"Jenna!" I called from the door, startling her as she was getting out of her car. She turned with a smile before her eyes widened.
"Hey... what the hell are you wearing, is that a dress?"
I blushed looking down at what I was wearing, the deep blue velvet full length sheath dress was now marked with clay spots.
"Oh" I bit my lip embarrassed "sorry, they had a party last night, and I...got working on something..."
"Are you okay?" She broke into my muttered explanation, concern marring her features. Jenna had been introduced to me by my grandmother when I was just 12, as my interest in art progressed it had been Jenna who had guided me, before persuading me to do my first show at 16, she had seen first hand the way my family treated me and had been trying to get me to leave and be free of them since the will had been read, but my grandmother had been clever, she knew what the Cornish house meant to me and I knew the secrets in the library that were mine alone. The money and the jewellery meant nothing but the library and the house, they held all my good memories.
"I'm fine" I reassured her, leading the way into the studio, forgetting till I heard her gasp and she rushed past me towards my work bench.
"Oh my god, he's magnificent" she praised, curling round to look at the sculpture from different angles. "Who is your model?"

"No one" I lied.
"How are you going to finish him, are you casting?" She continued to look at the statue and I felt a burst of heat, I wanted to lock him away from her eyes, from everyone.
"I'm not sure yet, it's not finished" I mumbled out, turning away and offering coffee.
"He's got to be ready for your next show, I think it's your best work, you can feel his presence" she pushed and I bit my lip, knowing she would push for the piece to be included.
"We'll see" I replied handing her a coffee, before draping a cloth over the statue and turning the conversation towards work. But even with it covered he remained in my mind. If last night he had left Megan then I doubted I would ever see him again.