20. Logan

Gaia and Rowan come rushing in through the patio doors, sliding to a halt as they look at me, their eyes wide before they exchange a look and burst out laughing,  rushing on deeper into the house.  "What was that about?" I ask Noah and Rio who had come in and joined me just before the girls appeared.

"Beats me, those two had gone to find your artist, not sure why they are back already" Rio tells me, relaxing back into the seat opposite me.

At the mention of Tallulah I feel my body start to hum, she was here and now I was too.  I kept myself in my seat, wanting to go and find her but knowing if I rushed her she would run.

"You okay there?" Noah teased and I lifted a finger his way in response.

"Surprised you haven't tracked her down and dragged her off somewhere quiet" Rio teases and I groan.

"I don't want to scare her away, it's bad enough that all of you are here this weekend" I mutter and jump at the slap to the back of my head.

"Fuck Hunter" I growl at him and he laughs as he and Max join us.

"Hey, this is our house remember, you should have thought of that before you arranged for her to be here for the summer" he reminded me. "How long are you staying?" he teased.

"For as much of the summer as Aunt Teddy will let me" I tell them and grin at the shocked looks on their faces.

"What about work?" Rio asks watching me with narrowed eyes.

"I'm on leave, Simon knows to contact me in emergencies only,  unless I check in with him." I look round at them, these were my family.  "I am going to do everything in my power to persuade her to be my wife by the end of the summer, she's it for me, I know that and will do everything to show her that, and... I don't want to risk her near her family again, its a clause in the trust and one I intend to use if I can persuade her to take a chance on me" I tell them.

"You don't think your relationship with her sister is going to get in the way?" Max queries and I groan.

"God I hope not." I reply, getting up to greet Aunt Teddy and Mum.  Ama following her into the room with Gaia and Rowan in tow.

Mum cupping my face in her hands and smiling at me in delight.  I wondered briefly what was up with her but Aunt Teddy beat me to asking her.  "Logan, she is perfect, don't screw up" she told me, making the rest of the room laugh.

"Hey, I didn't invite the whole family here to ogle her" I said holding up my hands before giving mum a quick hug. "But I will do my best, not to screw up" I tell them.

"She likes you too" Gaia whispers to me conspiratorially and I grin at my niece.

"I hope so" I whisper back.

"You should go see her studio, Mum is there with Aunt Paris and Aunty Geneva" Gaia encourages and I see Aunt Teddy shaking her head as she smiles at us.

"I agree, go and take a look Logan, in fact Jensen will be lighting the grill soon and the kids will all be hungry so, please, go and retrieve their mothers and bring Tallie back as well" she encourages.

I get up, to the catcalls and mocking of the men in the family, pointing my finger at them "None of that when she is with us" I warn them and again they all laugh at me.

"Go Logan" Mum encourages "Before the rest of the boys appear".