15. Megan

The notification alert on my phone goes off again and I reach for it wondering what the hell has everyone so worked up. I had popped home to get away from all the stupid comments about Logan and I, people making assumptions and looking at me with pity, but I knew mother and father would make me feel better.

'Can you believe this!' Mary texted me and attached a link to the latest Country Life Magazine.
'WOW, poor you, can we do anything for you' Jennifer messaged.
I clicked on the link... My gaze skimming the article in disbelief as I stare at a picture of Tallulah, her scar on full display and stood.in front of ..

"How dare she, I'll make her pay for this" I scream throwing my phone across the room, the crash of broken glass as it hits a picture bringing father running in from his office.

"Megan, what's going on?" he rushes to my side and I turn to glare at him.
"Its all your fault, you gave him the opportunity to walk away, he would never have caused a scene if you had kept him in the room, now he is helping that scarred bitch!" I shout and he takes a step back, his eyes narrowing.

"Stop the histrionics and tell me what is going on" he demands.
"Logan, Logan is helping Tallulah, how else would she be displaying her silly statues at Kingswood!"

"Megan, Calm down" he repeats and I take a deep breath, still glaring as he fetches my phone and looks at the article.
"It doesn't mention Blackbourne" he points out and I hiss, it didn't have to mention him, I just knew he was involved.

"Make her come home, she has to be here, then she can't do it" I tell him, allowing angry tears to fall and I watch as he thinks about it. I can't bear the thought of her having access to what should be my world.

"Its a breach of the will conditions, isn't it" I push with a little sob and he nods, a little of my tension easing.
"We need to be careful, but don't worry I will deal with it, she won't be going anywhere near them" he promises and hugs me in support and I grin to myself as he leaves.

I sit back and regard the messages on my phone, I know Jennifer is having too much fun at my expense over this, her faux support at the party after Logan had left, had been tinged with enjoyment at my predicament, but I could deal with her later, and Mary too, both of them should know better than to laugh at me, I know too much about them, I wonder if they will have realised just how gloating they sound and be worried about my reaction. I open the texts and grin to myself as I send them a brief response 'Thanks for letting me know, you are such good friends. Megan x' knowing it will eat them up, not seeing my reaction.

I bring the article back up and look longingly at the  Kingswood estate, I had heard so much about it, but Logan had never taken me there, in fact he never took me anywhere unless I pushed. I had only met his parents once and that had been very brief. I forced myself to relax as my hand cramped around the phone, it didn't matter, Father would stop Tallulah and when she was home, I would make her see the error of interfering in my life.