9

☾

The Cullen family stand by their cars once again before enduring another day of school.

The night before still played on Katherine's mind as she remembered what Edward had told her when he arrived back from being with Bella. After having saved her from a drunken group of dirty minded teenage boys, he took her for a meal and got into quite a deep conversation that let out more information than he should have.

He had told Isabella all about him reading minds and how he didn't have the strength to stay away from her. Katherine didn't know what to do or how to act. She was angry at first, taking it upon herself to keep hitting him with the book she had in hand at the time, telling him that he was stupid for practically handing her their secret on a silver platter. But after him pleading with her and telling her how much he already cared for Isabella, she couldn't find it within herself to be pissed at him.

She knew what it was like to be alone, well not alone but she knew the jealousy that one felt when they saw others in happy relationships.
It's why she had taken to the 'player' lifestyle as they called it nowadays, using one flings and devious hookups to fill her desires of feeling wanted and loved.

She was bisexual with a preference for women in the 1600s, a time where loving the same gender was disgusting and frowned upon, there is still people who frown upon same gender love in todays ages so you can imagine how bad it was back then. She had to watch for centuries as those around her were allowed to fall in love and marry the ones who held their hearts, whilst she was shunned for wanting that same exact thing but with a woman.

It's why she clung on to Jane for as long as she did when with the Volturi, behind those castle walls she could do whatever she pleased without judgement. Katherine could have passionate sex with Jane and kiss her whenever she wanted, she could treat her like she was her own, she never went back to an empty bed when let off her shift because Jane was always there with her. She wasn't the same person as she was now, no she really wasn't, but even with her lack of morals and humanity a part of her did love Jane back then, she loved her like anyone would love a lover but the only difference was she wasn't in love with her. She loved the company she provided, she loved how clingy she was, she loved how Jane dropped her guard with her and became a whole different person when they were alone together. The Katherine she was back then loved to have control over people, she loved the feeling of power she got when Jane would do anything at her command.

She loved the submission and she thrived being dominant.

She loved making people love her.

But even with that, she thought she could of never have the love she saw so many others have, that she would never be able to marry the one she fell for or have a life with them, she was an 'abomination' and a 'sinner' after all, she thought she would never never meet her soulmate until she met her Rosalie.