28

☾

Loud music thumps off of the walls throughout the Cullen household as human bodies jump to the beat of it, swaying left to right, their hearts pounding in their chests as beads of sweat roll down their necks. It was funny watching humans dance, each generation progressed into something new when it came to the dance industry and in the older vampires' opinion dance was just becoming more of a humping session than an actual dance party like they would remember. The world became less and less classy as the decades went by. What happened to ballgowns, tuxedoes and soft steps in the embrace of your partner with classical ballroom music blessing your ears? Now it was grind on the nearest single with uncensored songs blaring. The world was going downhill.

Katherine rolls her eyes lightly as she dodges the sweaty bodies and makes her way to Bella, turning down hormonal teenage boys as she went with quick hellos to those she recognised. She was slightly glad Rosalie had gone to pick up more food with Esme other wise, no doubt would she have strangled the mortals. Her jealously was off the charts lately and she wouldn't tell her why, there was the 99% chance it was because of Jane but there was something else. Katherine just knew it.

Coming up to Bellas side she also spots Bellas friends, Jessica and Angela with her. Her steps falter at the sight of Jessica but she shrugs it off and decides to play nice making her way up to them with a friendly smile.

"Hello ladies, enjoying the party?" She flashes them a dazzling smile, pearly whites on show with a sparkle in her eyes. A light blush comes upon Jessica's face at the sight of the raven haired girl.

"Yeah-...yeah it's great" Jessica stutters out. Bella raises her eyebrow at her friends stuttering and flushed cheeks but doesn't say anything. A 90s pop song started playing and instantly Angela is bouncing on her feet, arm latching onto her blushing friends' tightly.

"I love this song! Let's go" she drags Jessica away to the dance floor, the pair quickly entwining to sway and jump to the beat of the song, catching the attention of some teenage boys that watched the girls closely. Katherine pulls a face.

Bella turns to the older vampire with a raised eyebrow to which the girl replies with one of her own when she feels the gaze.

"What?"

"How do you manage to make the straightest girls blush at the sight of you?" she asks making Katherine laugh as she shrugged.

"No idea Izziebells, no idea. Must just be my british charm" Bella rolls her eyes playfully at her, pushing her shoulder trying to make her stumble back only for Katherine to grasp her hand and pull her closer so that they were chest to chest.

"Try that again and I'll take your arse onto the dance floor" their bodies are pressed against eachother as they laugh knowing the older female would make sure her threat was carried out, Bella leans her head onto Katherine's shoulder for a second to enjoy the moment. It was nice having a good bond with someone, she felt like the world was against her and then there was her. Katherine.