Chapter 5

"Have you guys seen Hiccup?" Fishlegs asks the gang who were all eating "no." Ruffnut muffles "can't say I have." Tuffnut adds "is everything alright?" Astrid asks "hm? Oh yeah everything's fine. Just need his help with fixing something on my saddle is all." He replies sitting with them "can't you ask Gobber?"
"Huh, didn't think of that."
"Hiccup's probably doing chief stuff. He's a lot more busy these days." Snotlout says, just then Hiccup walks into the great hall, humming to himself "well well, he finally makes an appearance!" Snotlout calls, Hiccup stares at him confused "come sit with us chiefy boy." Snotlout pats a spot next to him. Hiccup slides onto the seat "what's up guys?"
"Not much, pal." Snotlout replies.
"Pal?"
"Yeah snotty. What are you after?" Tuffnut questions "hey, I'm not after anything! I'm being nice!" The dark haired boy yells defensively, he taps the table a few times before leaning closer to Hiccup whispering "psst, what kind of gifts does (y/n) like?"
Hiccups eyes widen at the question "she's not really a gift person I don't think."
"Oh come on! You've spent loads of time with her, you must know something!"
"Honestly Snotlout, I have no idea!"
Snotlout scoffs and scoots away mumbling "liar."

Hiccup rolls his eyes turning his attention to the others "say, where is (y/n)?" Fishlegs asks "with Gothi probably." Hiccup replies, folding his arms on the table "a young girl had a pretty nasty fall, potentially broke her arm, I was speaking to her mother just now."
"Oh the poor thing." Astrid says sadly "that's got to hurt."
"Yeah, a bone snapped in half sticking out of ya. Nasty!" Tuffnut exclaims, dangling his arm down sticking his tongue out Fishlegs glares at him "it's not funny, Tuffnut."
"hey, I never said it was."

Later that evening, Hiccup lay in bed looking up at the ceiling wondering why Snotlout was interested in getting you a gift, maybe he liked you. Did you like him? He never thought about it until now.
He furrows his eyebrows, you rarely talked about Snotlout, at least around him. Would you and Snotlout make a good couple? No way!He shakes his head, turns onto his side and closes his eyes in an attempt to fall asleep. After half an hour he was getting nowhere, his mind wasn't having it.
Sighing loudly he kicks his covers off, grabs his prosthetic, attaching it on, puts his boot on layers up and creeps downstairs to his front door, hoping not to wake Toothless.

Hiccup steps out into the chilly midnight air, shivering as a small gust of wind hits his nose. He wonders around for a while, the village was dead quiet. No one around. Rather creepy.
He walks towards the docks, standing at the edge staring at the moon reflecting onto the ocean.
"Hiccup?
He spins around to see you in your black cloak "oh hey there!" He waves "what are you doing?" You chuckle, waking over to him "couldn't sleep, fancied a walk." He replies, smiling as you stand next to him, also admiring the reflective waters "what about you?"
"Been working on a few things, lost track of time, fancied a wonder around too." You turn your head to look at him "heh, great minds think alike."
"If you say so." You say with an eye roll, the wind starts to pick up a bit, you pull your cloak tighter around your body muttering "bloody hell."
"Yeah it's a bit-" Hiccup is cut off as steps back, completely forgetting he was standing on the edge of the docks, losing his balance and falling backwards, you quickly go to grab him which results in the two of you colliding into the cold water.

"For Odin's sake, it's so cold!" You hiss, chattering next to the fire "sorry about that." Hiccup laughs awkwardly, sitting next to you. After pushing you out of the water then himself he rushed you back to his house immediately starting a fire up to dry you both off.
"How on earth did you forget how close you were to the edge?" You sigh "in my defence it is dark outside!" He protests, you shake your head smirking "dork."
"Rude."
"Honest, actually."
He raises an eyebrow, eyeing you up and down "what?" You glare at him "nothing, nothing." He flaps his hand around. You were freezing, Hiccup had given you some of his clothes but you were still cold. He notices you shivering and opens his arms, you stare at him for a moment "come on, I'm warm remember?" He laughs.
"true."
You shuffle over, accepting his embrace, how one person could constantly project so much warmth was baffling to you.
He takes a large fur rug, covering it over you both and you finally start to warm up.
"So, are you going to be a gentleman and walk me home as you're the reason I'm currently feeling like my feet are going to fall off?" You ask "of course, just not yet. I'm still bit gittery."
You sit and talk for a while, enjoying the warm fire.
"Seriously? You took a speed stinger in?" You laugh "those things are vicious!"
"He was injured, ended up actually protecting us." Hiccup explains "wow. You are fearless."
"Hiccup the fearless, might change my name to that."
"No, I like your name as it is."
At some point during your chat, you'd ended up laying down, cocooned up in multiple fur rugs.