Chapter 39

"You've got everything you need?" Valka asks, looking through the bags again, Hiccup laughs "yes mum, for the 20th time. We're only going to be gone a few days."
"How far is the island?" She closes the bag up "about half a day." Hiccup replies "we'll stop off half way, let the dragons rest."
Valka smiles "it's a brave thing (y/n) is doing. Telling her secret to a complete stranger. She's come a long way."
Hiccup nods "Mala's a stranger to her. But I think she knows she can trust anyone I do."

You walk over, flipping your hood over your head "and here she is!" Valka greets you with a hug "have a safe journey."
"Thank you."
Hiccup takes your hand "ready to go?" You squeeze his hand and nod "alrighty then, to the defenders island!"

You didn't sleep much last night, tossing and turning thinking about the reality of your sudden idea really hit. You were going to talk to a complete stranger about something not even your friends knew about. But maybe she could help. And luckily Hiccup was friendly with the people, so no awkward conversations....hopefully.

The first half of the journey was fairly quiet, your stomach was churning multiple knots as the nerves hit hard, Hiccup knew this was a big thing for you, but it could turn out to be good.
"We should be arriving in a few hours." Hiccup says, flying closer. You don't reply, staring sternly in front. He frowns and gestures Toothless to fly up.
Your view is then blocked by a mask hanging upside down "Hiccup, what are you doing?"
"Passing time." He replies lifting his helmet and smiling "let's have some fun. I'll bet Spear can't beat Toothless's diving spin record."
"Oh really?"
"Really."
"You're on." Spear glides to the side then up, Toothless flips back over. Spear positions himself, you give the signal and he dives down, spinning super fast. You'd never been on his back while he did this and it was making you queazy. He falls down until he was inches from the water then spreads his wings out and flies back up to Toothless, Hiccup's eyes widen as you clench your stomach with one hand, the other covering your mouth "never been on him when he's done that."

"My bad. Sorry." He half chuckles, you glare at him, knowing under his helmet he's smiling like an idiot. An uncomfortable sensation starts gurgling in your stomach, your mouth filling with saliva, oh boy, you were going to puke. You cover your mouth again and start heaving, Spear notices and quickly beelines for the closest island, as soon as he lands you jump off and run into a bush, spewing up your breakfast.
Toothless lands, Hiccup slides off and runs to your side quickly grabbing your hair. You were now empty but the heaving wasn't stopping. It took a few minutes before your stomach finally stopped contracting. Your legs collapse below you, Hiccup hands you a bottle of water and you rinse your mouth out multiple times, trying to erase the acid taste.
You take a moment to catch your breath, your stomach now aching, mouth feeling like an acid pit.
"Holy shit." You mutter, Hiccup helps you stand up "are you okay?"
"Yeah." You take another swig of water then spit it out "that was brutal."
"No kidding...you sure you're alright?"
"I'm good. Think my nerves are getting the better of me and all that spinning definitely didn't help."
He rubs your back "maybe we should take the rest of the journey more gentle."

You let out a shaky sigh and slowly wonder back over to Spear who'm was waiting patiently "why don't you ride with me for a bit? You look kinda tired." Hiccup suggests, you rest your hand on Spears side and he coos softly, nuzzling his head against you.
Hiccup unwraps a fur blanket and holds it out, you take it and wrap it around your shoulders "c'mon." He takes your hand, helping you climb onto Toothless.
You get comfy and Hiccup climbs on in front. You wrap your arms around his waist and lean into his back, quickly drifting off.

"(Y/n)?" A voice echoes in your ears, you slowly wake up, letting out a soft groan pushing your head into Hiccup's back more, his body vibrating as he laughs "Caldera Cay up ahead, almost there." He says resting his hand atop of yours, rubbing his thumb along your skin.
You open your eyes and peer over his shoulder, the island wasn't really big but it was a beautiful sight, covered in greenery and mountains.