Chapter 34

Hello! Sorry, I'm still here😅

——————-

A year passes, it had been rather uneventful, you'd been helping Gothi a lot more as she'd been slowing down a bit. Nothing very noticeable to most people but you'd been working with her for 6 years now and sometimes she needed a little extra help.

Hiccup was settled into his chief role much more, many people noted his growing confidence, and a few traces of his father in the way he guided his people. Hiccup had always said "I'm not my father." Which was sort of true, he definitely had inherited more of his mothers personality, traits and qualities but you could still see Stoick in him. Hiccup was a natural leader just like his father. And a good one.

He was helping you with your memories and ability every chance he could. He was a lot busier but always made sure to find time for you and the gang.
As the months passed you'd grown a close friendship with Fishlegs. The two of you often flew to different islands to document dragons, well mostly cronkles.

"These babies are just too adorable!" He squeals excitedly, tickling it's tummy. You smirk and make some notes "if you had your way. You'd take all of them home."
He puts the baby down "I suppose I would, but I could never devote my time to anyone but my Meatlug, right girl?" He coos, hugging his dragon who starts wriggling excitedly, tongue hanging out her mouth.
You close your book and stand up "we'd better head back soon."
Fishlegs shakes his head "plan on disappearing with Hiccup again?"
You glare at him and he raises his hands "Im just curious as to what the two of you get up too."

You click your tongue and turn to Spear, stroking his side, Fishlegs stands up and walks up behind you, placing his hand on your shoulder "you know you can trust me, right?"
"Yes."
"I can tell something is bothering you."
"It's nothing."
"Lies."

You sigh and shake his hand off "I will tell you, one day. Im just not ready...not yet. It's a big deal."
He crosses his arms "and how come Hiccup knows? I'm assuming he does."
"That was an accident. If he hadn't found out, he wouldn't know either."
"A very big deal then."
"Yeah."

Fishlegs pats your back "well, whenever you are ready to tell me, I'll listen." He beams a big smile and you return it "oh by the way...how's it going between you and Ruffnut?" You ask, eyebrows wiggling, Fishlegs face instantly turns a dark red "w-what? There's no...we aren't, I mean."

You let out a laugh "your face!" He frowns "come on, it's obvious you still like her."
He scratches the back of his head slowly "I guess I do a bit. But she made it very clear she's not interested."
"Oh please." You scoff "she's playing hard to get."

————

"Well look who finally decided to join us." Snotlout yells as you and Fishlegs land "you two are always disappearing for hours."
"and what's your point? Or do you just love stating the obvious?" You sneer at him to which he sticks his tongue out.
"That's how Hiccup and (y/n) started out" Tuffnut whispers to his sister whom rolls her eyes and elbows him in the side. Hiccup over hears him and feels a thick lump form in his throat, he looks at Fishlegs for a few seconds noticing his sad expression, he furrows his eyebrows wondering why Fishlegs seemed that way. You and him had been spending a lot more time together, but you were just friends. He trusted you both.

He's drawn from his thoughts by you adjusting yourself on your saddle and clearing your throat "anyway. I've got errands to run." Your eyes lock with Hiccup and he gives you a small smile and nod. You smirk back then take off.
"Chief Hiccup." Eret approaches "we need you back in the village square."
"Can it wait? I've got a lot of things to do?" He asks, hoping he sounded convincing enough...apparently not. Eret shakes his head "not falling for it so you can go off gallivanting around. You've got a village to keep running. Come on." He turns back around and Hiccup let's out a long sigh running his hand through his fringe.