Chapter 40

"This area will do nicely, what do you think?" Mala asks, looking around the open site then turning to you "looks great....uh, are you sure nobody will find us here?" You ask nervously, pulling your sleeves over your hands "positive, it's a good distance away...now." He rubs her hands together "show me."
You hold your hands out a few inches from hers and project a gentle force, her eyes widen "controlling it....I can do it to an extent but it's mostly when I'm worked up or frustrated is when I've shot without thinking. But I've had times where for no reason I just want to blast." You say, Mala Hmms, "It is a powerful force to have. Let's see you do some shooting."

She steps back and gesture towards a large Boulder, probably twice the height of you. You take a deep breath and focus feeling all your energy make it's way down your arms. You
Shoot, exploding the rock, dozens of tiny pieces scatter around you both.
Mala is stunned "very...powerful."
"I can also use it to levitate myself off the ground...like an extra jump." You say walking over to a tall, large tree and facing your palms to the floor, you blast again and fly up, landing on a branch.
Mala takes out her book and begins making notes "although, I'm not sure how I'm going to get down, it's kinda high." Just as you say that, Spear flies up beside you. You climb onto his back and he gently lands "thanks, Spear."
"This is incredible." Mala whispers as she continues to write "can I see you do the gentle force again?"

————

"And then, I knocked three of his teeth out, with just my fist!" Dagur boasts, Hiccup winces at the thought of it "maybe, violence isn't always the answer?"
"Not in my book, Brother!" He smacks Hiccup on his back jolting him forward "we need to get you lifting, build those arm muscles like my babies." He flexes his arms, kissing each bicep.
"I'm good...but thanks." Hiccup mutters, picking up his pace. "Slow down!" Dagur jogs up to him "what's the rush? Then again, Mala and (y/n) have been gone all day, will probably be back soon...Say, what are they doing?"
"Research."
"Oh, on what?"
"Not my place to say."
"Alright, Whatever." Dagur shrugs.

The two of them walk towards the entrance gate "ah, isn't it a beautiful sight. I can't believe I live here. I have to pinch myself sometimes, hurts though." Dagur rambles on, Hiccup stares out to the ocean, wondering how you were getting along. His thoughts are cut off by a familiar dragon landing right in front of him.
"A-Astrid?
"The one and only!" She beams, the rest of the gang following.
Hiccup was stunned "w-what are you guys doing here?"
"Well hello to you too." Ruffnut sneers before leaning over to her brother whispering "rude."
"No, no! I'm just...surprised is all." Hiccup stutters.
"I brought them over." A voice says, it was Heather "I went to Berk last night, they had no idea where you went. So I figured why not get the whole hang here for all times sake!"
"Well this is lovely!" Dagur yells "oh it's like the good old days!"
Hiccup stares blankly at him then looks at Heather, she was up to something.

"Let me show you all around! Things have changed since you were last here, at mine and Mala's beautiful wedding!" Dagur says excitedly "wow, he's gone soft." Astrid whispers to Snotlout who laughs "another man softened up by a woman, guna happen to us all one day."
"Not me." Tuffnut says, Snotlout laughs at him "well obviously not you, no one would be sane enough to deal with you and have your sister third wheeling all the time."
"I resent that!" Ruffnut yells "ok guys." Hiccup cuts in "noooo need for arguments."

"Say, where's (y/n)? You did come here with her right?" Astrid asks, Hiccup nods "she's with Mala at the moment, no idea where."
"Girl time!" Dagur sings "been gone all day, but I'm sure they'll be back soon for dinner, anyone would be mad to miss it."
Astrid catches you in the corner of her eye with Mala walking through the village. Both of you holding onto some books. She hmms, wondering what you're up too. And why Hiccup is being so secretive about it.
"I'm telling you. I could get any girl I want!" Snotlout protests, Tuffnut let's out a laugh "let's see shall we?" He gestures to his sister whom clears her throat "where do I begin on the long old list of rejection? Me, Astrid, (y/n)"
"Alright!" Snotlout cuts her off, she holds her hand up "uh uh uh, not finished!"
"Well I am." He leans down on Hookfang who lights himself up, Barf's green smoke seeps from his mouth and Belch starts sparking.
"Enough!" Hiccup shouts, everyone pauses accept for Barf who slyly puffs the smoke at Hookfang and Snotlout "oh my, ewwwww!" He covers his nose and starts swatting at the air "your dragons breath stinks!"
"Hey!" Ruffnut swings her fist at him "don't insult Barf!"