Chapter 7

You'd been avoiding everyone for the last few days. Your mind was all over the place, thinking about this Alvin man and wanting to practise your ability on your own. You were grateful for Hiccup's help but you knew you needed to practise more alone, incase it ever came to a point where you would have to consider using it without Hiccup, Gothi or your parents around.

Truthfully, you couldn't stop thinking about Hiccup, he was stuck on your mind constantly. You assumed it was the strong friendship the two of you had grown, but part of you felt something different.
You were wondering alone in the forest, Spear wanted to go play with Meatlug so you let him be. He was hesitant at first to leave you but you assured him it was fine, you didn't want to feel like he has to be with you all the time. That wasn't fair on him, you wanted him to socialise with other dragons more.
You stop to see a large tree branch that had fallen across the path. You shoot your force at it, flinging it away.
"Nice."
You spin around and there he was, Hiccup. leaning against a tree, smirk on his face, you roll your eyes and continue walking. He runs after you
"So, haven't seen you in a few days." He begins "yeah. Just needed some me time." You reply "oh...do you want me to." He points to the other direction "no, it's fine." You sigh softly and stop walking.
Hiccup takes your hand "come on, let's cruise." He leads you to Toothless who was climbing around on a tree "what is he doing?" You laugh, he looks down and gummy smiles "being Toothless." Hiccup chuckles.

You hold onto Hiccup's waist as you glide through the clouds, Toothless looks up and smirks, he shakes suddenly making you grip onto Hiccup tighter "Toothless..." Hiccup says in a warning tone, the dragon laughing below. After a short fly, Toothless lands on itchy armpit.
You jump off and walk to the cliff edge, sitting down with your feet dangling off the edge watching the view. Hiccup sits beside you "are you okay?" He asks "you've been distant the last few days, no one has really seen you, I was worried." He pauses "I mean...you know. Worried for a friend." He coughs awkwardly, Toothless shakes his head "I guess I'm worried about this Alvin guy. What he has planned." You say, Hiccup follows your gaze "whatever this man has planned, we will stop it." He replies reassuringly.
"I hope so." You sigh "anyways, we've missed out on a few days of fighting, up ya get!" You jump up and run backwards "show me what you've got, Haddock."
He chuckles and stands up "no weapons?"
"No weapons."
He runs towards you, you jump out of the way, grabbing his arms, pinning them behind his back, he hooks his leg around the back of your knee making you let go and fall backwards, he quickly straddles you, pinning your arms above your head "nice try." He smirks, you stick your tongue out and wrap your legs around his lower back, he loses his grip and falls on-top of you, you quickly roll your bodies over so now you were on top with him pinned down "you were saying?"
"Alright, alright, you win!" He groans. You beam and let go of his arms, as soon a his arms were free he attacks your sides, tickling you. You squeal and roll off attempting to crawl away, but he grabs your foot pulling himself over to you again, still tickling "who really wins?"
"Y-you do!" You wheeze, tears steaming down your face "good." He stops and watches in amusement as you lay there catching your breath.

You look up at him with glossy eyes, he holds his hand, you take it and he pulls you to sit up "I let you win." You mumble, he pats your back "yeah, sure you did."

"HIIICCCUUUPPPPP!" A voice yells from the distance, you both look and see Astrid flying over "Astrid?"
"It's Berk!" She explains "there's a group of 4 ships not too far away, they're Hunter ships. It could be Alvin!"
You all fly back to Berk "how far are the ships?" Hiccup asks "about 20 minutes away." Fishlegs replies "we can't let them get here. We've got to go out to them." He instructs "wait, Hiccup!" You cut in "you need to get your armour on."
"We don't have time."
"There's always time for safety!"
"She's right." Fishlegs adds "fine, I'll get what I can." He jumps off Toothless and runs to his house, he returns fully armoured "what about you?" He says to you. "I uh...don't have any." You mumble, he frowns "we haven't got round to making you one."
"I've got a spare she can borrow, come with me." Astrid guides you to her house. You put the suit on and go back to the gang "alright guys, let's go!" Hiccup takes off and you all follow.