Chapter 18

The faint crackle of the fire was the only sound radiating in the room. Your eyes trail around then lock with a pair of familiar green. Your breath hitches in your throat as you take in his serious features, his eyebrows slightly furrowed, lips pressed into a thin line, just waiting for you to say something...but you couldn't.
Hiccup sighs softly and reaches over the table, taking your hands into his, you look down for a moment and bite your lip.
"(Y/n)?"
You gulp, unsure of why you didn't want to tell him. If anything you just wanted to forget and move on, but he didn't. He wanted to know everything.
"Will you tell me?" He asks softly "all I want is for you to be okay."
"I'm fine." You mumble "I just want to forget about him, move on and live my life."
"But if he hurt you in any way-"
"There's nothing that can be done! He's gone and if he has any brain cells in that stupid head of his he will know to stay the hell away!" You say in an annoyance pulling your hands from his grip, Hiccup leans back in his chair "you know you can always."
"Yes I know! But I don't want to right now, okay? I...why are you pressuring me to talk about it when I clearly don't want too!" You stand up "because I care about you and Odin help him if he did anything to you!" He replies with a raised voice "I'm not a child, Hiccup. I don't need babying!" You snap
"Why are you making it such a crime that I want to protect you?" He asks, also standing up, his cheeks reddening. You sigh loudly "just leave me alone!"
"What?"
"I said leave me alone, get out of my house!" You scream, Hiccup crosses his arms "I'm not going anywhere."

"Get out!" You slam your hands down onto the table shattering it with your force. He stands in shock, you look at your hands full of frustration "curse this stupid...stupid! Why can't I be normal?" You collapse down to your knees and cry. Without thinking, Hiccup runs over and kneels in front of you and shields you in a tight hug, his arms wrap around your shoulders, pulling you into his chest "I hate it. I hate Gregory, my stupid power. Everything." You sob. He stays silent as you continue to cry, letting you release all your frustrations.

"Hiccup..."
"Shhh..."
"I...I can't do this anymore." You whisper "W-what do you mean?" He pulls back, you tuck your knees up to your chest "I'm so tired, no matter how much I practise I always end up losing control again, everything has been a waste of time."
Hiccup stares into your puffy eyes, his chest tightening at the sight of you looking so defeated "I just want to be normal." You say, he wipes a tear from your cheek "you are normal."
"Don't lie."
"I'm not-"
"Hiccup, let's be realistic here. If I was normal, I wouldn't have this ability. I'd be like you, like everyone else!" You groan, Hiccup shakes his head "Normal is boring, you're unique."
"Unique?"
He nods "and that isn't a bad thing, you're a powerful individual with a gift. I just wish you could see it through my eyes."
You watch him as he speaks, he really was trying but your stubbornness was getting in the way once again. You frown and cross your arms, his face quickly lights up and he smirks "you're cute when you pout."
"Eh?" You tilt your head at him in confusion.
He laughs "extra cute when you're confused." He pokes your cheek and you glare at him to which he beams at you with his toothy smile, you roll your eyes and look away "trying not to smile, are we?" He asks in a teasing tone, inching his face closer "you know you want too."
"Go away." You grumble, your cheeks aching as you try to force your lips to stay in their frowning position.
"Don't deny the smile!" He chuckles resting his chin on your knee looking up at you with wide, adorable eyes. You turn your head slightly and crack at the sight of him "ha! Knew it!" He yells, looking rather proud of himself.
"It's because you look so ridiculous." You tease, he fake gasps "how rude!"
"Truth."
"Ridiculous enough that you find me attractive, eh?" He wiggles his eyebrows and you snort at him but don't say anything "case closed."
You roll your eyes again and gently push his chest mumbling "unbelievable."
He chuckles and sits up, gently rubbing the tip of his nose against yours "but you love me."
You bite your lip, he closes his eyes for a moment, his long lashes fanning along his cheeks, you mentally curse him for having such nice long lashes while you had stumpy small ones. So rude.
"I do love you, but you are something else." You giggle, he pecks your lips then opens his eyes, you gaze into them, getting lost in the soft forest green.