Chapter 45

Ahhhh, so I've been re watching Attack on Titan (personal fave anime ever, Eren is the goat. fight me) and it's giving me ideaaass...no...I won't do it. Don't let me do it!!!!💀💀

*ahem*

Anyways, on with the chapter 🫠

—————

"Right!" Tuffnut clasps his hands together, you cross your arms along your chest, arching an eyebrow.
He darts his eyes to the side, you stare at him blankly, then to his sister whom was bobbing up and down excitedly "so...why did you drag me out here?" You ask. The twins look at each other for a moment then back to you, both grinning. Behind them was a large cart covered with a cloth.
Weeelllll..." Ruffnut draws out reaching over to the cloth, her fingertips pinching the fabric "we gathered a few things."

She flings the cover away to reveal the cart overflowing with a variety of objects. You had a hunch about what they were hinting "seeing as you have the ability to shoot at things." The grin on her face widening, it was getting creepy. She pulls out some sort of life sized dummy "w-what is that?!" You gawk, taking a few steps back "it's Snotlout." She replies "we made him, it would be glorious to see you blast it into oblivion!"
"Absolutely not."
"Come onnnn!"
"No."
Ruffnut tsks and throws the dummy to the side "look guys." you say with a sigh "I'm still not 100 percent comfortable."
Tuffnut rubs his chin "that's another thing we discussed last night."
"You-what?!"
"We." Ruffnut leans into your side "are going to be your personal guards."
"I...uh." Tuffnut presses his finger to your lips "and there's no need to pay us for our services."
"Wait, I thought." Ruffnut begins but Tuffnut hushes her "nuh uh."

You were feeling more awkward with every passing second, these two were really going to be glued to your side? This was going to drive you nuts.
"Do I get a say in this?" You ask, the twins stare at you "no need!" Ruffnut chirps "you will thank us, no one will bother you with us by your side."
You internally groan as Ruffnut grabs your hand, dragging you back to Berk.

You keep your head down as you quick walk forward, the twins close behind insisting on carrying a sword and shield.
Not looking in front you bump into someone's side. You rub your forehead then focus your eyes. That suit. Oh no.
"Oh hey!" Hiccup greets you with a warm tone, Astrid stood beside him. your eyes raise to meet with his "you alright?" He asks, cocking his head to the side. You open your mouth to reply but he is suddenly pushed back, the twins step in between you.

"Ruffnut, Tuffnut? What in Odin's name are you two doing?"
"Protecting the chosen one!" Ruffnut announces, Hiccup's eyes widen "eh?"
Tuffnut holds his sword up "we are her personal guards. Where she goes, we go."
"You can't be serious." A voice cackles in the distance, Snotlout drops a bucket of fish down "you two lunatics can't even protect yourselves!"
"Talking about yourself Snotface?" Ruffnut barks back "whatever." He rolls his eyes, picks the bucket back up and walks off.

The twins link your arms with one each of theirs and pull you away, Hiccup stands there completely stunned. Astrid punches his arm "say something why don't you?"
"Huh?"
"You're impossible." She sighs, storming off. Hiccup rubs the back of his head, dumbfounded.

———

"Hit this!"
"No."
"What about this?"
"Nuh uh."
"Oh come onnnnn!"

You groan in annoyance as the twins continue to try and push you to shoot at something, it had been going on all day and you were getting fed up. You weren't in the mood to show off, this attention was too much.
"Okay....there's a large Boulder over there." Ruffnut points over her shoulder, you sigh deeply "not worth my energy."
"Then what is?" She exclaims "there must be something, we just wanna see your ability!"