Chapter 13

"So...where are you going exactly?" Hiccup asks Valka as she collects her helmet "just a patrol." She replies, he raises an eyebrow "a patrol with (y/n)?"
"Yes, what's wrong with that?"
"Nothing, nothing!"
"Hiccup, I would like to get to know my sons girlfriend. Like any other mother." She chuckles and ruffles his hair "my maybe one day daughter in law."
"Mum!"
"What? It could happen. Have you seen yourself around her? Completely smitten." She laughs, Hiccups face flushes a deep red "you clearly care a lot about this young lady."
"I do...say, how old were you when you met dad?" Hiccup asks, Valka puts her helmet down "childhood sweethearts. We grew up on Berk together." She explains "I guess we just fell together naturally over the years."
"Really? So how did you know he was...the one?" He asks, she smiles "you just know." She rests her hand on his shoulder "trust and follow your heart, son. It will lead you in the right direction."

"It's part of the deal, sometimes it hurts...but in the end, it's all worth it...there's no greater gift than love."

Hiccup replays those words in his mind as he walks over to where you were stood with Spear, he stops and watches you hugging your dragon, he licks up your face then runs off, leaving you with a large line of drool now dripping down your face, Hiccup chuckles and approaches, handing you a cloth "thanks." You grumble "I swear he's trying to irritate me today."
"Toothless is the same."
You wipe your face and hold up the now soaked cloth, scrunching your nose up at it. Hiccup takes it back and drops it on the floor behind him "I'll deal with that later, have you got everything you need for your day out with my mother?" He asks, small smirk creeping up on his lips "I believe so, just missing the monster that is Spear." You look around for him but he had vanished "now really isn't the time for him to want to play hide and seek."
Hiccup laughs "he'll come back, especially if he thinks you'll go flying without him."
"True."
You look down "are you worried about...?" He asks "sort of....today I've been feeling like I've got loads of energy to get rid of...the temptation to just shoot here and now is ridiculous!"
"Well, if you can hold it in until you get back, we'll go somewhere and you can blast to your hearts content, sound good?"
"Sounds perfect."
"It's a date." He moves your hair from your eyes and smiles warmly "you're the one in control, always remember that."
You bite your lip and gaze into his eyes stepping closer, his hand squeezes yours tighter, you release a gentle force against his palm, he doesn't take his eyes off you as the force comes into contact with his skin he just smiles wider then whispers "it honestly tickles."
You giggle pull your hand from his grip "gentle thanks to you!"
He beams proudly then Valka walks over "you ready to go, dear?" She asks. You nod nervously. Spear comes bundling over, ready to fly. Hiccup kisses your cheek goodbye and goes off, you climb onto Spear, Valka climbs onto CloudJumper and you take off.

————

"So, how often do you go on patrols?" You ask "few times a day, just to make sure no potential enemies are close or approaching." Valka replies "it's quite nice to be honest, flying up in the sky."
"Yeah." You pat Spears side "did you and Hiccup play together growing up ?" She then asks. You laugh awkwardly "no, I didn't really talk to anyone accept my parents, kept myself to myself. I guess I was a shy child."

Valka smiles "not so much anymore, eh?"
"Well...more awkward now."
"Oh, I don't think so, dear. You're a lovey girl."
Your cheeks flush "t-thank you."
"Hiccup can't take his eyes off you, too. He really does like you."
You bite your lip, Valka holds her hand out and helps you carefully climb off Spear and onto CloudJumper with her, Spear darts ahead and starts barrel rolling in the clouds making you laugh, you turn around and look up at Valka "how are you standing?" You ask "21 years of living with dragons, developed a pretty good balance."she replies looking down and smirking "and CloudJumper is a very smooth flyer."

You patrol the surrounding areas for a while, everything was pretty quiet, you and Valka talked about different dragon species, she shared some things about Triple Stryke's you had no idea about. She knew so much it was amazing to you.
"Hold up, I see something!" You say, pointing to a small beach at what looked like a person laying near the ocean.
You land nearby and cautiously step closer, It was a young man around your age, bright blonde hair, he looked scratched up, he was sprawled out on his front "hello?" Valka pokes him with her staff he doesn't move "is he?" You didn't want to say the word.
Valka kneels beside him "no, he's breathing. knocked out." She stands up again "we can't leave him here, we need to take him back to Berk."
You nod and help Valka lift him onto Cloudjumper and you both head back.