Chapter 33

A long, tense silence filled the room. You look back at the fire, not wanting to see Hiccup's reaction.
He was stunned for words, unsure of what to say. Well, what can you say to something like that?
He fiddles with his fingers, trying to figure out what to reply, from the way you are acting, he was sure it must have been an accident. He knew you would never intentionally do something like this. Sure you'd say things when you were mad but you didn't have it in you to take another persons life purposely, no matter who they were.

He shakes his head and stands up, taking slow steps towards you. He gently pulls the blanket down your shoulders letting it fall to the floor, he snakes his arms around your waist, pressing his chest into your back his warm breath hits your neck as he nuzzles his face against your sensitive skin holding onto you tightly.
You hear him take a long inhale then sigh into your skin.

"What are you doing?" You whisper "you should be disgusted by the sight of me."
He moves his head so it was resting on your shoulder "maybe I should. But I have a feeling there's more too it. Like a reason.." He replies, lifting one of his arms to hold onto a section of your hair, twirling it around his fingers "I know you, and you'd never intentionally kill someone. Not even out of anger."

Your chest tightens at his words and you blink back a few tears. He lets you go and slowly turns you around to face him "you can trust me. I'm guessing from your busted lip it seems like you got into a fight?"
You sigh "just one guy. A Hunter. He had a cage with a family of dragons inside. I tried to set them free, knock the Hunter out and fly off, yknow?"
He nods "we fought, I used my ability a few times. He ran at me and I held the sword out in front of me, I wasn't thinking. I closed my eyes and felt this jolt and heard a...pain filled gasp." You take a deep breath and continue "I opened my eyes to see the Hunter collapse, laying in his blood."

Your breath hitches in your throat as you replay the scene in your head "It really threw me off guard. A busted lip I can deal with but this...I...I killed him. He probably had a family. And." Hiccup pulls you into hug "it was an accident. Self defence. Don't blame yourself."
He pulls back "as cruel as this sounds. If you hadn't have killed him, even though it was an accident. He would probably have done everything he could to kill you."
He pushes your hair from your eyes "it's not an ideal situation but you're still here and that's all that matters."
"I'm surprised you haven't blown up at me. We're talking about murder here." You say, he scoffs "unlike most people. I don't jump to conclusions...also." He looks to the side "it's a kill or be killed world. A fight for survival."

"Those are deep words for you." You say "heyyyy!" He pouts. You roll your eyes and smile, he pinches your cheek "now, no more being sad or feeling guilty. You did what you had to do to protect yourself and Spear. And don't worry. I won't tell anyone about it." He bends down to pick the blanket back up, holding it out to you "in case you're cold."

He smiles a toothy grin as you gaze at him, a warm feeling flutters in your chest, he really was special. No matter how much you had pushed him away the last few months he never gave up, to you it seemed like he knew you would get your memories back, and you were. The feeling when you looked into his eyes felt warm and familiar, you had an undeniable attraction to him, the pieces were finally coming together. The more time you spent with him, the more you were remembering everything the two of you had been through.
At first you thought everyone was lying, you didn't think the chief of Berk would give you any more than a friendly wave occasionally, but here he was, by your side again. Always finding his way back to you. The gentle touches, feeling his eyes on you as you pass by. How he got close to you as much as he could, feeling him breathing against your skin. Your ability not scaring him away.

"(Y/n)?" You come back into reality "hmmm?" Hiccup's face was inches away from yours "what are you thinking?" He whispers, fingertips brushing against your cheek "about the last few weeks." You reply
"Yeah?"
"Yeah. I think." You pause "the mist is clearing." You brush your nose against his "I don't remember everything yet. But..."
You lean in closer "there's one one thing I'm sure of." You lick your lips nervously, mentally wincing at the copper taste from the cut.
You grab onto his cheeks and pull him in. He sighs happily into the kiss, holding onto your waist tightly.
He pulls back slowly and smiles "I've missed you....so much."