Do You Love Me?

William's POV

I look around me at the dining table at Uncle Alexander's home. He and his family along with my dad and Maria were celebrating my engagement. The royal family didn't always get together often like this. But the king has degree we meet as a whole family at least once a week now. That's if everyone was in Denmark.

I squeeze Eva's hand under the table I was happy the world now knew she was mine. Talk turns to the wedding which would be in four months time.

"Do you think that's enough time to make the dress and get everything organise in time", Eva asked.

"Yes the palace are great at planning and pulling things like this off", I say to her.

"Have you got your assistance yet Eva?"

"No", she answers Debbie.

"You need to start looking for someone you'll be very busy soon.You and William are sharing your staff I believe. I think that's a very good joint decision that you both made.  Once you've been married for a couple of years. You can get your own assistant private secretary but do get an assistance now Eva. Thank god William is getting married and it's not just the three of us younger royals doing engagements anymore". I see Eva stiffen at Debbie's words.

Later that afternoon Eva wanted to know what Debbie meant at lunch. "Surly she isn't demanding I get an assistant because she said so".

"Darling I explain how the monarchy works to you. You've spent seven years seeing it at work in front of you".

"Yes as a spectator not as a participant".

"Debbie will be queen if she makes a suggestion to you in front of her father. It's because they discussed it together  beforehand and thought it for the best".

"Why can't we get married in six months instead of four".

"It's not practical our engagement diaries are already full. As we speak tours are being arrange for us to go on".

"Do we not get a say in the matter?"

"Of course but you need to understand that world leaders kings and queens can't change their tour dates to fit in with you or I. The wedding being in four months just means we get married quicker which I'm all for. The truth is you do need a personal assistant to help you in your everyday life".

It was frustrating to me that Eva knew the rules and is challenging it now.

"I didn't want to mention it but I will now Eva, two former Danish Princess was just put to death. Denmark needs to be seen in a good light to the rest of the world".

I knew Eva will be having Princess lessons hopefully that coupled with her other necessary royal lessons. Will help prepare her for Royal life in four months time.

"I still don't have to do a engagement with you for another three months right?"

"Yes darling that's right you need time to adjust to your new life and to deal with your grief".

"I like Debbie but who's she to tell us what to do".

"A future queen who will decide if we get to keep our HRH title in the future. Who will make sure we will be paid by the privy purse".

"I don't need her money my family is richer than hers. I don't get it the person I know as my friend wasn't the person I saw at lunch".

"The person you know as a friend can relax around you and not think about royal life while she's with you. The person you saw at lunch is a Crown Princess making decision for her family. You maybe a billionaire's daughter but the royal family isn't poor either. The main castle alone, artwork and jewels is worth billions".