Brothers

One of my best friends Caroline walks up to me and hugs me then William.

"We hope you were surprised all the girls mainly me and Giovanni organised this dinner for you. Giovanni booked out the whole club so it's just us for tonight".

"Thank you all", I say to the room.

"Yes thank you all this was so unexpected. Giovanni nagging me to make sure I celebrate my engagement here now makes sense", adds William.

Caroline takes my hand and I take William's and she takes us to our seats. Katherine, Emily, Debbie and Greg was sat at the table along with our families. William and I sit down and say hello to everyone then William takes my hand under the table and squeezes it. I smile at him then realise this is our first time out with friends just being normal in weeks.

The night was amazing I ate and danced and my friends got up and made speeches. As William and I were dancing I felt free for the first time in weeks. I was so consume with grief for so long It actually felt weird enjoying myself.

William's POV

It was the morning after our surprise engagement dinner and party. Eva seems a lot happier I'm glad she spoke to the doctor. I hope she gets to the point where she realises she lost our baby not just her baby. I love her and I'm not going to tell anyone about what she said about Debbie. Because it was her grief talking and she wouldn't hurt her.  I feel a hand in my hair Eva loves to run her hand through my hair in the mornings. I turn and face her in bed she smiles at me before getting up. I follow her and we both brush our teeth together. Then have a shower together as well.

I had an engagement at 9am and I know Eva has work to go to. She was giving it up but still had two week left to do. She had to delegate her work and interview her replacement.

"Babe what time do you finish today?" I ask her.

She comes up behind me and places her arm around my waist, "About 4. This is the first time outside of our bubble that I will be going about my day with Royal Protection Officers".

"Well Princess Eva Of Denmark to be it's expected and don't forget unlike your previous bodyguards these ones are more thorough. It will be strange at first going into work and them being in the room with you. Don't forget you only have two weeks there till you leave".

"Last time I went in as a regular person now I'm starting the week as a future royal. I can't lie it will be weird".

"It will be fine",  I tell her doing my best to reassure her everything would be okay.

I was wearing black jeans, a white shirt, a grey jumper and a black blazer. I was going to a nursery school for my first engagement of the day. When I got there I was congratulated on my upcoming wedding. I love engagements with kids.
I was there to bring attention to a new government initiative to help youngsters learn and play better.
When it was over I expected to feel some sadness but instead I felt hope. Hope that one day I will have children of my own who I can take to school.

I meet Giovanni for lunch at a sushi/Chinese bar. I walk in and spot Giovanni chatting up the waitress, I make my way over to him, "Hey man".

"Excuse me," he says to the waitress then half hugs me bro style. "It was good talking to you darling but I need to go now".

I watch the disappointment on the women's face. "I got us a private room ".

I follow Giovanni to our table there was a expensive bottle of champagne on it. I was not surprise he does like the best of everything I wonder if he would go to say McDonald's. Then remember it's Giovanni I'm talking about. We take our seats and study the menu.

"Man thanks for last night you didn't have to hire out the whole place that must have costed you a fortune".

"I did it to give us privacy and I'm sure my accountant can find a way to write it off anyway".

"I just want you to know I appreciate it and I want to formally ask you to be my best man".

He gets up and hugs me, "Man I would love to. On a serious note how are you doing with everything that's happened?"

"I carry on as always who knew I could be related to someone who had such hate for other people".

"They're not you William did I tell you when the palace announced you would be moving to your grandfather's palace. Then you would be getting your own court when you marry, Emma called me".

I was surprise to hear that,"You didn't say anything to me".

"At the time I just thought it was jealousy so didn't really think anything of it. You and Eva started dating then there's Victoria who is married and happy. Then the king's son is made a duke from the moment he was born.
Emma mentioned all three of those things to me by the way. That was before she asked me out because and I quote.
"I can't get a title with you but you're rich enough and will do. I turn her down flat I was never interested in her".

You should have said something".

"What your extremely jealous sister just wanted me for my money. Did you know she said she had just broken up with Theo. The same Theo married to that fine ass looking English girl who just had his  child".

"How did Emma not know Theo was taken?"

"They got married on his family's estate and they don't gossip anymore because they're friends with a future queen. Your sister's standing in our social circle hasn't been good for a while now. Once Anette lost her status people didn't have to pretend to like Emma anymore".

I was in shock the same waitress Giovanni was flirting with comes over and takes our order. I order prawn fried rice and Sushi. Giovanni orders his usual meal of a selection of sushi and battered chicken with fried rice".

"I stop talking to Emma towards the end and there's a part of me that is unhappy about it. Yet part of me don't regret it one bit".

"It's understandably man she was your blood. Let me know when the date of the wedding is ASAP so I can plan the bachelor party ok and as a friend. I mean what I'm about to say to you William and you need to accept what I'm saying. None of what they did you could've stopped or changed. They were just pure evil. It's ironic Denmark has a black queen and will have a black ruling monarch after the current king is dead. Your wife to be is black and Theo's wife is black too.
I'm going to make damn sure my kids when I have them have black friends that come over to the house and play with them. We didn't grow up with diversity around us that's not a good thing. Our private schools had less than ten ethnic people in total the whole time we were there".

"You're right we need to do better with our children I'm glad dad taught us to love all people and respect their cultures and boundaries. The last couple years doing engagements I've been going to more diverse places. I have seen the warmth, love, pride and respect the BAME people have for this country. Yet my own mother and sister demonises them. You and I grew up hearing the odd racist joke being told. We heard the stereotypes of the lazy black man well Eva's father came from nothing and built a 10 billion dollar company from the ground up. There is your example of a lazy black man".

"He's employing thousands of Danish people in his firms too.

The food comes and we stop talking and enjoy our meal.

Giovanni is getting is own book, his story starts after this one is finished.