Realisations

"Everything is going well and Caroline has applied to work there", says Jane.

Eva's POV

The hairs on the back of my head stood up I loved Caroline dearly but I can't help thinking she's a gold digger. Why did I think that of my friend of eight years. My family is worth billions hers isn't and she pretend to like Giovanni only to make it clear she wasn't interested in him. Then my brother gets a title and now she's dating him. Yes he likes her but it wasn't love he didn't know her well enough for that.

"What's troubling you?" Ask William. I didn't realise my face was giving me away.

"I got a funny feeling when mom said Caroline wants to work for our company".

"You're not the only one so does your father and I. Her parent's company has lost a lot of money but they've managed to keep it quiet from their investors".

Before we date anyone my family check them out thoroughly Caroline doesn't know that.

"I didn't know that she hasn't said anything to me about it", I say to mum.

"When you told her Giovanni was interested in her what did she say?"

I was surprise at William's question. Then think back to our conversation, "Caroline's exact words were he's rich and good looking".

"Isn't that something women normally say?"

"Yes we mention stuff like that but it's usually the last thing we mention about someone we like not the first". William takes in my mother's words.

Then I remember something else, "She said she would always be in our social circle. Then when dad got his title she kept calling me to talk about it".

My mother laughs, "The girl though she was being slick and my baby girl snatched a princess title away from her".

"So I take it she didn't get the job at the company?"

"You know your father darling his first though was she was working with her father to use us. When she complain to your brother he told her he didn't do the hiring and firing".

"Are they still dating?"Ask william.

"No something happened and they broke up".

"Did he say what?"

She shakes her head, "He's shaken up by it I'm hoping William and Giovanni can get to the bottom of it".

Mum and I look at him, "I'll talk to him.   I would like to make a suggestion we tell Debora about Caroline. So she can cut ties with her completely. We don't need another women causing problems for our family".

"Okay we tell her tomorrow," I suggest.

"No we tell her today so security knows Caroline is no longer a member of the crown princess trusted circle".

William was right and for my brother to breakup with her like that something terrible must have happened. He genuinely liked her. I feel very bad for my brother and upset that Caroline caused him pain. Someone I once called a dear friend.

We finish dinner then say goodbye to mum then I call Debbie and explain about Caroline. We then conference call our other friends and explain we were cutting her out of our social circle. One of my best friends Emily and her husband Greg who was a earl and countess agreed it was the right thing to do. Greg was heir to a important dukedom his job in the future would be to do some engagements with Debbie. When she's queen and he inherits his father's title.

After our phone call Willian and I got ready for bed. I brush my teeth, wash my face and moisturise. Then tie a silk scarf around my hair.

I look in the mirror at my brunette hair and brown eyes. I smile and turn to the side I lift up my shirt and look down at my stomach. It wasn't quite as flat as it usually was I watch William walk out the shower and wrap a towel around himself.