Love

Eva's POV

All of us was astonished by what Katherine just told us. Who knew Caroline was such a snake I can't believe she did all that Katherine said she did. But I knew Katherine was telling us the truth. Of all the friends I met at university Caroline is the one person I've not seen often this last year. It makes sense now why she kept saying no to going out for dinner or other places with the other girls and Greg. She couldn't afford it not that it would of stopped us being friends with her.

The chef comes in to say lunch was ready so I make my way to the dining room. The guys walk in as well several minutes later. As lunch was serve I help myself to a chicken and avocado sandwich.

We toast to Daniel's and Katherine's engagement and welcome her to the family.

After lunch William and I went to our room for me to rest. The truth was it was a lot to digest about Caroline and what my brother did. He put us all in danger.

I was in bed with William watching Netflix. "Your brother knows he messed up darling. Giovanni will chew him out for messing Katherine around for years".

"It's hard to think all that happened and none of us had a clue".

"I felt like that when I learnt the truth about Victoria's childhood".

William saying that bought things into prospective for me. Like Daniel said when he apologised at lunch he would never knowingly put us in danger.

"Oh William it's not the same and please don't think about Emma and that woman this is a happy time".

He places his hand on my mine", "I'm happy but I'm glad Katherine wasn't physically or sexually hurt when she was drugged".

"Me too baby, me too".

"You know we need a holiday someplace hot and sunny".

"Yes we do let's go on holiday before the baby comes".

I turn off Netflix and turn on the news instead there was a piece about me being pregnant. It wasn't breaking news since I wasn't the queen or the crown princess. I didn't mind though because the longer I spend with William. The more grateful I'm we're not the important royals in the monarchy. I get to spend more time with my family like I'm doing now. William and I aren't needed as much as the crown princess family. Basically we get to have a life a real one. I feel so bad for Debbie because hers and Antonio's life is duty, duty, duty. Although they do their best to make time for their children.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I choose the last holiday now it's your turn".

"I'll have a think", he says.

Later I change into sweats for our walk around the palace grounds after dinner.  William and I held hands as we walk towards the gazebo. My other family members were walking behind us with our bodyguards between us.

"It's weird it's just us and my family here yet security still protect you and me and treat us differently. The first time I went to the palace and saw staff in the room with Debbie while we did our homework".

"You thought it was weird", finish William.

"Yes I did now I get it was to make sure Debbie was always protected".

He changes the subject, "I love coming here it's so peaceful. I'm happy we get to share it with your family".

"You know what I'm looking forward to most?" He shakes his head no. "Waking up to a roaring fire tomorrow morning with you. Then seeing your face tomorrow evening at my surprise for you".

I stop walking, "You've a surprise for me tomorrow I can't wait to find out what it is". I was giddy with excitement William was always doing wonderful things for me.

The good thing about my family is everyone is in a relationship so want their own space. I brush my teeth and apply lotion to my body while William have a shower. I fell asleep happy in the knowledge my family was happy and healthy.