The Fight Part 2

You will work for the monarchy not the monarchy work around you. William has worked hard to get where he is. If he hadn't the king wouldn't have rewarded him like he did. You're a black woman the staff at the palace will talk to the press and the angry black women troupe will be used by newspapers against you. Learn to pick your battles sweetie I told you weeks ago to leave this job but you insisted on staying on. Now you've two weeks of your work colleagues gossiping loudly enough about you for you to hear and feel extremely uncomfortable".

"You're right I'm stubborn and need to look at things differently. It's going to be hard but I'm going to try".

"Don't try do, Debora is one of your best friends but she's a Crown Princess first. Look at how she and her father stripped Anette of everything she had. And this was before we knew the truth about Victoria. She's not to be trifled with honey because she can make your life a living hell. When she becomes queen she will make the big decisions for the Royal family. She will decide where you go on tours, live and educate your children. William had to ask her and her father's permission to marry you before he ask me".

I was opened mouth then I collected myself, "I didn't know that.  She has always just been Debbie to me".

"No my darling she's always been Debbie that has royal bodyguards. Debbie who you curtsied to. Debbie who has our house swept clean by the police for bugs before she visits. That's despite us having our own bodyguards. With you she could relax and be herself. Now you see the future queen every time you see her instead of your friend. She has to request your presence for you to see her now or you have to ask to visit her. You will walk in a room after her children. I bet you anything it was she who convinced her father to give William his own court. So he didn't feel pushed out or irrelevant in the long run because she likes him".

"I guess I never really saw the full picture till I was integrated in royal life because of William". I knew my father was right with everything he said I just didn't want to hear it right now. "I need to leave I've a staff meeting in twenty minutes".

"Ok", he hugs me. "See you later".

"Bye daddy", I walkout his office and a bodyguard walks in front of me, "I'm going to my office I say".

We get in the elevator and he presses the floor for my office. I don't even need to ask how he knew what floor I worked on. It was his job to know after all. The elevator door opens and the receptionist for the floor greets me with an open mouth. She does a combination of a bow and a curtsy to me. I say good morning to her and head for my office it was a large corner with an assistant desk outside of it. I sit at my desk then call Mary my assistant in to go over what she has done for the meeting to go smoothly.

As soon as I started the meeting I realise dad was right no one was really listening to me. They were giving each other knowing looks and nods.

The cafeteria at lunch was full of loud people gossiping.the women's bathroom was the only place apart from my office I found some peace and quiet. I should have left the job the minute I got engaged. As I was leaving my office building there were a swarm of press everywhere. I knew then daddy and William was right I made a big mistake continuing to work. I call daddy and told him I quit.  I'm sure the princess lessons will take up a lot of my time anyway.

Williams PoV

I was in the kitchen making dinner when Eva walks in, I kiss her hello, "Good evening darling how was work?"

"It was my last day everyone was right it wasn't a good idea to keep working after the announcement. In my meeting people were asking what was the point of me being there. When I couldn't oversea the project".